Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 01:51 PM

174 posts, read 313,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
What was he having you do that should have required multiple men.
If he isn't the cheapest b. I used to pay our lawn guy 35 bucks to mow
Our yard. It took 2 hours max. People used to call me cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 01:52 PM

43 posts, read 56,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
gunit1400

I posted that link this morning and got deleted. He is unbelievable.

Which link is that? And yes, next week will most definitely be very interesting. I don't see how the GOP can possibly defend Laroque's actions in the last couple of weeks. And to think that I was once one of his greatest supporters!

If by chance any of this dialogue gets flagged and removed, go to either of these two Face Book pages:

NC Extended Unemployment Benefits | Facebook (ours)

Reinstate NC Extended Benefits for the Unemployed Now | Facebook (someone else)

Old 05-27-2011, 01:58 PM

174 posts, read 313,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunit1400 View Post
Which link is that? And yes, next week will most definitely be very interesting. I don't see how the GOP can possibly defend Laroque's actions in the last couple of weeks. And to think that I was once one of his greatest supporters!

If by chance any of this dialogue gets flagged and removed, go to either of these two Face Book pages:

NC Extended Unemployment Benefits | Facebook (ours)

Reinstate NC Extended Benefits for the Unemployed Now | Facebook (someone else)
Don't feel bad. I actually had a party when purdue beat mccory. I feel like a dumba now

Old 05-27-2011, 02:01 PM

230 posts, read 275,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
If he isn't the cheapest b. I used to pay our lawn guy 35 bucks to mow
Our yard. It took 2 hours max. People used to call me cheap.

The richest people tend to be the cheapest. They dont know what it is like to make a regular mans wage. Middle class people do, so tend to be more genorus.

When I was in my early 20's I worked for Domino's Pizza as a delivery driver. I would average $3 a devliery, unless I went to a rich neighbourhood. There I would average about 50 cents.

But still the article quoted you as saying the work he wanted you to do should have been done by 2 guys, that is what I was wondering about

Old 05-27-2011, 02:14 PM

59 posts, read 73,992 times
GOP legislator pays jobless worker $8 for yard work, chides her in email « The Progressive Pulse

Kathryn “Cinnamon” Treadway spoke to N.C. Policy Watch as well today, and said she only did an hour’s worth of work because LaRoque wanted her to haul away large tree limbs and other heavy manual labor that she didn’t think she could physically do on such a hot day.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:17 PM

230 posts, read 275,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloud057 View Post
GOP legislator pays jobless worker $8 for yard work, chides her in email « The Progressive Pulse

Kathryn “Cinnamon†Treadway spoke to N.C. Policy Watch as well today, and said she only did an hour’s worth of work because LaRoque wanted her to haul away large tree limbs and other heavy manual labor that she didn’t think she could physically do on such a hot day.

Ahh there we go

Old 05-27-2011, 02:27 PM

12 posts, read 14,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darla111 View Post
Actually what he told me was that he had enough to keep me busy for 2-3 days. That's not an offer of employment. It might subtract a little from my benefits from that week, but it wouldn't disqualify me altogether. He was not offering a full-time job, just a day -by-day, "help me a bit" type thing for 2-3 days.
That was real amazing for that to happen. Even though not a real job it just good enough to know that a voice was heard. When I read that in article is was a coincidence because I reside in Wayne County also. Maybe we could have went up there together!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:31 PM

169 posts, read 204,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
The richest people tend to be the cheapest. They dont know what it is like to make a regular mans wage. Middle class people do, so tend to be more genorus.

When I was in my early 20's I worked for Domino's Pizza as a delivery driver. I would average $3 a devliery, unless I went to a rich neighbourhood. There I would average about 50 cents.

But still the article quoted you as saying the work he wanted you to do should have been done by 2 guys, that is what I was wondering about
"that's how the rich stay rich" my friend

-Anon

Old 05-27-2011, 02:36 PM

12 posts, read 14,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holwager View Post
all you men and women who served our country might want to comment on tillis' video below...
tillis is a piece of ****!!!!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:42 PM

69 posts, read 83,700 times
I would love to see an unemployed person run against these republicans in 2012. I am considering on trying...it would be interesting I do believe that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina