Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2011, 08:10 PM

69 posts, read 83,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
so he wasn't hammered on why he won't do a standalone bill?
I wonder if he gave some parameters before he agreed to to do the intervies. I heard that basically our benefits will either be tied to the legislation or not all and should be handled in two weeks. I am not very impressed with the first 100 days that is for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 08:12 PM

We have talking about unemployment benefits and on the record so the thread should be ok I hope.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:19 PM

157 posts, read 181,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg69innc View Post
I wonder if he gave some parameters before he agreed to to do the intervies. I heard that basically our benefits will either be tied to the legislation or not all and should be handled in two weeks. I am not very impressed with the first 100 days that is for sure.
Jeez, most of us don't have 2 weeks. In 2 weeks my rent will be a week and a half past due

Old 05-28-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledps View Post
Jeez, most of us don't have 2 weeks. In 2 weeks my rent will be a week and a half past due
I understand you completely and I know where you are coming from. I call theses jugheads, email these jugheads, go up and look these jugheads in the eye.

I am going to the republican headquaters in Louisburg, Rocky Mount, and other places and do some campaigning on my own. I hope that if the higher up GOP gets a better view of We better straighten up and handle these benefits asap come 2012 we are going to be the minority again and not have the governor's mansion and Sen. Burr in Washington may have problems as we all know one rat is as good as another.

So we go to make these folks squirm and squeal and dont let up unitl after the election.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoize View Post
yea very little but no Real answers
This man is the master of giving no real answers. He can tip toe around a question and get out of it so smooth. So you have to hold his kind to yes we are doing our dead level best for the unemployed or no, who are you talking about...the unemployed I dont think I have ever heard about any people like this.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:42 PM

I hope to not get slammed too hard but why cant our state simply go back to the corporate tax rate or do the things that were done 15-20 yrs ago when there was no problem with the unemployment rate and jobs were plentiful and the budget was not a problem and we all worked all the time and made good money and didnt have families falling off of a cliff.

That is what amazes me if it worked before it'll work again our state just needs to go out and do it.

Simple I know getting it done virtually impossible.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:16 PM

244 posts, read 310,101 times
Senate Leader Phil Berger on WRAL's On the Record tonight

On the Record: Senate GOP spending plan :: WRAL.com

Old 05-28-2011, 11:14 PM

25 posts, read 29,755 times
we kept letting illegals in and kept sending corps to other countrys....and if that wasnt enough everyday "they" try to figure out how to get a machine to take another job......welcome to the terror dome

Old 05-29-2011, 08:28 AM

174 posts, read 310,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg69innc View Post
I hope to not get slammed too hard but why cant our state simply go back to the corporate tax rate or do the things that were done 15-20 yrs ago when there was no problem with the unemployment rate and jobs were plentiful and the budget was not a problem and we all worked all the time and made good money and didnt have families falling off of a cliff.

That is what amazes me if it worked before it'll work again our state just needs to go out and do it.

Simple I know getting it done virtually impossible.
those days are long gone! Corporations are an intrinsic part of American politics. Plus our country has become SO divided politically. Half of our country believe's our corproate and capitalistic system works.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:47 AM

55 posts, read 65,993 times
What happans if the UB doesn't get singed until july 1st.? Well we get paid back pay or will it start over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina