Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 04:35 AM

162 posts, read 193,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg69innc View Post
I spoke to Thom Tillis's aid this afternoon. I was told the budget will be on the governor's desk Saturday. If she signs it we are good for next week. If she does not sign it and she vetoes it they will vote to override the veto on Monday.

I do not understand what the recurring money is but if the governor drags her feet then our state is in jeopardy of losing that money. So I think it is looking good for us or can this be the light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope so that is for sure
So she needs to sign or veto right away. If she holds it for the 10 days, is that for sure we would lose the money? Does she understand that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 05:23 AM

230 posts, read 275,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtohelp View Post
  1. Question Why does the governor care so much about kids getting an education and not so much about going them going without food and medicial care and other necessararies that the unemployment would bring

Food is easy to get, all the unemployed here who have kids either make enough from a spouse to feed the kids, or can get food stamps, and free/cheap medical, so feeding and making sure they are healthy are not really an issue here.

Making sure they have the tools to succeed in life, aka an education is an issue.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:35 AM

169 posts, read 204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg69innc View Post
I spoke to Thom Tillis's aid this afternoon. I was told the budget will be on the governor's desk Saturday. If she signs it we are good for next week. If she does not sign it and she vetoes it they will vote to override the veto on Monday.

I do not understand what the recurring money is but if the governor drags her feet then our state is in jeopardy of losing that money. So I think it is looking good for us or can this be the light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope so that is for sure
That is good news! As long as Bev doesn't hold it.

I'd also like to say that, while I certainly don't agree with how Tillis handled this, at least his office had the courtesy of answering the phone, returning calls/emails and making weekly statements.

I sent 46 emails to Bev Perdue = Zero returned emails
I called 29 times (not one answer) and left my number =Zero returned calls

She has completely lost my support from this EB issue.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:36 AM

122 posts, read 161,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
dude, have you even read the bill? What they stated is correct, all the budget did is shift money around to make it look like they are doing what they said they are doing... Actually read the budget please, and leave your party at the door first, open your mind, and be willing to accept it.
LOL I have been saying the same until I am blue in the face!

Old 06-03-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozeberrypillboy View Post
my tier 4 ends in a few weeks, should I be worried
No.... AND you're welcome.

Last edited by ebnow; 06-03-2011 at 05:48 AM..

Old 06-03-2011, 05:46 AM

230 posts, read 275,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
No.... AND you're welcome.

May want to clarify.. Hehe, he had 2 questions, one a no for would be good, the other a no for would be bad.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
May want to clarify.. Hehe, he had 2 questions, one a no for would be good, the other a no for would be bad.
Fixed

Oh boy. I need to walk away from the screen. Been up since 4 sending out resumes.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:50 AM

The Daily Advance

Scott Mooneyham: Math is against Gov. Perdue in state legislature

Old 06-03-2011, 06:09 AM

24 posts, read 28,676 times
Default nc extended unemployment

Was the response to my statement a joke or is it true. From what I have been reading a lot of peoplle can't get food stamps. on woman could not take sick kids to doctor, many familes have both parents out of work.So if it is so good by this hard push for unemployment?

Old 06-03-2011, 06:27 AM

156 posts, read 190,112 times
Has the JOKER said anything about possibly holding the vote? Or would she sign reluctantly???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina