Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 09:33 AM

249 posts, read 304,945 times

Advertisements

I still can't file. Showing benefits exhausted. I can't even look at my claim profile to see if anything's changed. It said to come back after 12pm today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
did anyones account say "accepted for processing" but not for payment this morning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 09:59 AM

59 posts, read 74,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
I still can't file. Showing benefits exhausted. I can't even look at my claim profile to see if anything's changed. It said to come back after 12pm today.
I still can not file either, however I spoke with ESC (1-866-278-3822 X 2)
Friday afternoon they said they need open up a new benefit year for me and then I should file after the process is completed, unfortunately we were cut off before she could finish and then they closed @ 4:30pm...I will call again tommorrow, hopefully it will be as simple a process. I will let you guys know what happens. ESC was very nice, I hope it is the same on hectic Monday!

Old 06-05-2011, 10:01 AM

249 posts, read 304,945 times
When would you have gone on EB? When was your original benefit year ending?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloud057 View Post
Friday afternoon they said they need open up a new benefit year for me and then I should file after the process is completed, unfortunately we were cut off before she could finish and then they closed @ 4:30pm...I will call again tommorrow, hopefully it will be as simple a process. I will let you guys know what happens. ESC was very nice, I hope it is the same on hectic Monday!

Old 06-05-2011, 10:16 AM

191 posts, read 218,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
did anyones account say "accepted for processing" but not for payment this morning
Yep, when I filed it said that. But still says exhausted.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloud057 View Post
I will be right there with you, calling hoping to get through. When were you supposed to go on EB?

Old 06-05-2011, 10:22 AM

108 posts, read 160,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
EB is like the EUC tiers in that the actual number of weeks of benefits you will receive is based on how many weeks of original UI you received. If you qualified for 26 weeks of original, you will get 20 weeks of EB. If you qualified for more than 13 but less than 26 weeks of original, you will get between 10 and 20 weeks of EB. And if you qualified for exactly 13 weeks of original, you may or may not get EB -- you'll need to contact ESC.

Theoretically, NC could also trigger off EB if the unemployment rate went down by a large amount. But if you're almost through Tier 4, I don't see that as a concern in your case. In fact, I don't think NC is likely to trigger off EB in 2011 because of the unemployment rate.

Republicans are snorting around, saying that Governor Perdue usurped their legislative powers when she issued her EO. They can snort all they want to, but I don't think they're likely to win. They have their lawyers and Perdue has hers. Even IF they were to win the legal argument, it would hurt them politically to kill EB at this stage. And if EB has already been processed for tens of thousands of people, what are they going to do?

There are 2 things I'm going to remember about Governor Perdue:

1) Months ago, when the ESC wanted the unemployed to pay back money for ESC's mistake, she stepped in and told them they couldn't do that.

2) Republicans put up a roadblock at every turn in this EB mess. But Perdue found a way to get around them and get EB flowing again.
Your never-ending devotion to Gov Bev is truly awe-inspiring.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:31 AM

122 posts, read 161,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
I agree and I am right there too

Old 06-05-2011, 10:36 AM

I would have to say I am no fan of Purdue BUT given the choice between her and a republican Gov. I would hope she would win, given what we have seen and heard in the last few months.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:00 AM

3 posts, read 3,812 times
If your EB Effective date is 1/16/2011 or before, you have now exhausted your EB @ 20 weeks maximum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingby View Post
I have checked my benefits payment history and all of my last 3 remaining payments have been backdated as well. I was already on EB and my claim status reads BENEFITS EXHAUSTED. But it also says that I have no active issues and says that I am still eligible for EB. My EB effective date is 1/2/2011. I think this is was when my tier IV ended.

Benefit Year start: 8/20/2010
Benefit Year End: 8/22/2011

I have provided some info about my claim status, just hoping someone on this post can help me better understand if my benefits are completely over or am I eligible for an extention?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:50 AM

264 posts, read 363,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
Believe it or not, Sacflies, I had no opinion of Beverly Perdue before this EB mess. I knew she was a Democrat, not a Republican, so that much was good. But I knew nothing else about her. (Not that I like all Democrats, but I do hate all Republicans.)

You've been whining all these many long weeks that she should uh, lead, uh, lead, uh, lead, and she did. She led through a path not taken very often. You're never willing to give credit where credit is due, are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina