Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 08:53 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-up View Post
I hope someone can answer this question. The following applies:

1. a person is employed under a short term contract - 3 months
2. also drawing unemployment and the original claim period ends
3. the contract work ends before the original claim period ends

Question: Will the person's new unemployment claim be drawn from the short-term employer,both, or the full-time employer for which the person's original claim was made?

I ask because I'm under the impression that no Unemployment Insurance payments would be forthcoming from a short term contractor.

Thanks,
Oof...that's out of my range to answer. I just don't know.

Can anyone shed some light on this???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 AM

40 posts, read 65,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiwhit View Post
Hi everyone! I hope all of you are doing better these days.
Really hope our leaders can come together on this budget for NC. We live in such a beautiful state and I for one am proud to call it home.
Thank you to all who have kept this forum going and to Sunny for hosting it. If a new one forms I will gladly follow it.
You all take care and best of luck finding new employment. I do hope life treats us all a little better down the road as you tread forward. =o)
Sunny doesn't host anything-
he's a moderator for this area.
This forum is nationwide with many moderators.

And our leaders,using the term loosely,
never agree by choice on much of anything,
Perdue just vetoed the budget,so it continues....

Old 06-14-2011, 08:50 PM

122 posts, read 161,321 times
Got my 1st letter to report with my work search records since I am now on EB. How many times do you have to go in over the 20 weeks?

Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post
Got my 1st letter to report with my work search records since I am now on EB. How many times do you have to go in over the 20 weeks?
You'll be called in essentially every month, 4-5 weeks. So you should make a total 4 or 5 trips down there during the period of time you're on EB.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:22 AM

I am moving to Florida next Tuesday, so I will be transferring my EB claim.
I guess I will have to mail my work search records or fax them. Does anyone have experience with interstate claims?

Old 06-15-2011, 07:52 AM

49 posts, read 63,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
You'll be called in essentially every month, 4-5 weeks. So you should make a total 4 or 5 trips down there during the period of time you're on EB.

I just rec'd a letter yesterday. My appointment in 6/24 so I will post afterwards... just to let you guys know if anything has changed with the process

Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 AM

33 posts, read 48,452 times
yes please let us know, thanks!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:29 PM

8 posts, read 11,081 times
@ Still unemployed..I am interstate as well I moved to NYC. As far as the work search it is still the same and I carefully document my search and every few months I will get a search record form from NC if I had any changes. I keep them just in case and document my work search on the form as well. Good Luck with everything.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meechie77 View Post
@ Still unemployed..I am interstate as well I moved to NYC. As far as the work search it is still the same and I carefully document my search and every few months I will get a search record form from NC if I had any changes. I keep them just in case and document my work search on the form as well. Good Luck with everything.
Did you have any lapse in payments, or did they just keep coming?

Did you have to go to the NYC Unemployment Office?

Thanks

Old 06-18-2011, 07:55 AM

174 posts, read 313,409 times
What happens when you get a job? Do you get off their system all together? Do you just stop reporting or do you have to file some type of form? I'm ready to tell ESC to kiss my "shut my mouth". I'm not receiving any checks since the lump sum because my part-time pay is too much. By the time my full time starts I will still be over the alotted amount I can make in a week. Therefore even though my job doesn't start until August I want to get off of unemployment NOW! Can't find any info online and can't get in to call. Any help would be good. My roommate just stopped reporting but she still receives letters and everything from them because her benefit year doesn't end until October.. I don't want that I want to offiially be out of their system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina