Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 08:33 PM

55 posts, read 100,607 times

Advertisements

I just checked the ESC site (DES now I guess) and they are saying there is a high probability that EB will be ending. No dates are given but from what I have been reading on the unemployment forum, some folks that seem to know what is going on are saying EB will end this month or at the latest early april. I agree that it should be treated like the tiers and you finish what you started but as jobless folks, our opinions are pretty much worthless on most things I have found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 06:53 AM

21 posts, read 34,712 times
Just so no one panics, the site NCESC.com is down for MAINTENANCE... will be back up at 5pm according to what I read earlier this week and what is posting when you try to log in.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:07 AM

6 posts, read 11,905 times
Default Tier 1 expires 4/2/12 - next tier?

Ok - I am on tier 1, it ends 4/2 - first saturday of April.
Just checked the esc site.
So do I just transition to tier 2 or do I go to EB or what?
Do I need to call up or go to the office to tranisiton to tier 2?

The reason I ask is that back in February I was told there would be no tier 2, but this before the payrol tax/extension I assume?

Please help someone who is totally confused on this.

Gracias.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:23 AM

Just keep filing as usual and you will transition to the next tier without a hitch. You should get all of the tiers but if you haven't found anything by the time you are supposed to go on EB, it will be eliminated long before then.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:39 AM

6 posts, read 11,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrm97 View Post
Just keep filing as usual and you will transition to the next tier without a hitch. You should get all of the tiers but if you haven't found anything by the time you are supposed to go on EB, it will be eliminated long before then.
Ok, thank you for the info!

So I am good for the 10 weeks or so of tier 2?

I read somewhere everything ends late May, so I guess I would and others wouldn't visit EB.

I will begin daytrading as a career in June if necessary on margin.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:29 PM

740 posts, read 473,143 times
hello, I am a new poster, and I have read over quite a few pages of this thread, but am still uncertain if I have found an 'old answer' to my question. so, with apologies to those who might see this as a repetitive question, I'll ask again....
On unemp website, got message saying 'only 2 weeks benefits left...'
went to unemploy office, told that I would be receiving letter letting me know if more benefits available to me.
Got letter from unemploy office saying I was monetarily eligible for Second Tier EUC benefits as follows (same amount as previously receving).
Called unemploy office, told all well, would automatically 'roll-over' into this Second Tier.
Today, on website, attempted to file weekly certification, message that my benefit year had ended, and wouldn't allow me to 'submit' weekly cert.
Any advice or knowledge available from posters? Of course I will call them tomorrow.
Any help appreciated so very much.
Thank you.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:04 PM

Call them tomorrow and they will start a second benefit year for you. You won't miss a check.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:49 PM

740 posts, read 473,143 times
thank you for responding, I very much hope you're right.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:39 PM

14 posts, read 21,466 times
Does anyone know what the dates are for the reviews that will determine when we will trigger off EB?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:00 PM

30 posts, read 72,787 times
According to the BLS report that came out today, we are still at 10.2% Going back three years, (I will admit that I am not sure what months they use to determine the average - ex. not sure if they look at dec 08, jan 09, and feb 09 to calculate the average of jan 09 unemployment rate or if they use the two prior months and the anniversary month - ex. nov 08, dec 08, and jan 09) but the bls report shows 10 years worth of UR for each state. The way I am looking at it, when the report comes out in mid april for feb's numbers, we HAVE to trigger off in april. The numbers went up too much in early '09 and I see no way NC will have a 110% increase over that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina