Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 04:35 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,906,385 times

Advertisements

try headhuntersdirectory.com

Matrix and MRI are big down there as is Manpower IT and Robert Half

try a google search recruiters in ...

ck the news and observer - online it has a section triange jobs

You can also go to the RTP website and go to indivdial websites companies website and apply direct

PS - see my post under job search info.

Good luck !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2006, 06:49 PM

143 posts, read 485,412 times
Thanks for the leads, Weis02.

I've seen lots of posts from Robert Half and Manpower.

Robert Half I haven't seen anything that fits so far.
Manpower seems to be lower-paying AND they want you to work odd hours and/or weekends.

I'll look at some of your other info. Time is on my side (yes, it is...)

Old 08-13-2006, 08:26 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times
Subscribing to this thread. My dh is a network engineer/manager in the financial industry.

I just read this:

http://www.boston.com/business/artic...oy_2000_in_nc/
Quote:
Fidelity Investments said yesterday that it plans to spend $100 million in North Carolina and add 2,000 jobs in another out-of-state expansion for the Boston mutual fund company.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:32 PM

5 posts, read 12,635 times
Thumbs up In need of a recruitment company

I also plan to move to the Raleigh area, and I am in need of some help find the right recruitment company. I am a professional with 15 plus years of Information Technology experience, and looking for a position with a company that understands technology can drastically affect the performance of the business and enrich its employees’ lives.

I can travel to Raleigh with two days notice. I can also send my resume to anyone who wishes to receive it. Please email your suggestions.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:36 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanP
I also plan to move to the Raleigh area, and I am in need of some help find the right recruitment company. I am a professional with 15 plus years of Information Technology experience, and looking for a position with a company that understands technology can drastically affect the performance of the business and enrich its employees’ lives.

I can travel to Raleigh with two days notice. I can also send my resume to anyone who wishes to receive it. Please email your suggestions.
You may want to pose your question in the Raleigh-Durham Metro Area forum. More people in the know there than here for that area of NC.

//www.city-data.com/forum/raleigh-metro-area/

Old 08-15-2006, 12:56 PM

5 posts, read 12,635 times
Default Thanks

I will do that .. I guess I should have studied the screen before posting my question .. I totally missed the option for Cary / Raleigh.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:01 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanP
I will do that .. I guess I should have studied the screen before posting my question .. I totally missed the option for Cary / Raleigh.
Wasn't there before today. The moderators are in the process of moving those topics from here to there.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:37 PM

143 posts, read 485,412 times
I am still looking!

It seems that there is the same problem here that existed in MA -- to wit: all of these companies are looking for the "perfect match" and will not tolerate anyone who is one iota off of the criteria. Because I am "old school" in that there were NEVER any needs for certifications, degrees, etc. to be a technician, I am getting shut out of a lot of places because of the lack of credentials. Although I am starting to work toward achieving this, it will be a long, drawn-out process that will cost me a lot of money that I should be saving to pay for my living expenses. If only I was closer to retirement age but I am at that awkward age where I need to work for at least 15 more years.

Sigh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina