Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:37 PM

4 posts, read 13,655 times

Advertisements

HI!!! I am interested in learning more about ASU. If any of you out there go there. Could you please help me out. I have my AAB in Human Resource Management. I came across ASU in a college research online. Also, I live in OHIO!!! I know, what the heck am I doing here?? Well, I currently live here and have been for all of my life. I am a CAROLINA PANTHERS FAN!!! YA GO CATS!! I am looking to move and I needed more information about the area around Boone or the surrounding communities. Can you guys help me? I would be really gratefull and it would be much appreciated as well. Well, ya have a nice night. Thanks !!

Monica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 08:41 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,830 times
Just so you know,

Appalachian is hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

Old 04-25-2007, 08:50 PM

Well... I know its hot down there. I wanna know about there programs of study.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:55 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,095,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradalady70 View Post
Well... I know its hot down there. I wanna know about there programs of study.
You could find that on the university's own website:

http://www.web.appstate.edu/academics/majors.html

Old 04-25-2007, 09:00 PM

I know that part and I happen to visit online today. I need someone that actually goes there... can ya help?

Old 04-25-2007, 09:06 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,095,696 times
No one can help until they know what you are asking. Could you be more specific than:
Quote:
"I wanna know about there programs of study"?

Old 04-25-2007, 09:35 PM

435 posts, read 1,815,211 times
You want to go to school where their mascot is Inbred Jed? (I went to WCU- Western Carolina University- ASU's rival & I am kidding with the Inbred Jed comment- just so you all know).
Yeah if you could provide info on what you want to study people can help you out more....who knows, another Univ. in the University of North Carolina system might be better for you (they could have a stronger program than ASU or not).

Old 04-26-2007, 06:44 AM

59 posts, read 203,914 times
Boone is a beautiful college town. There is tons to do there if you love the outdoors, but there aren't a lot of options for people who like nightlife/"bigger city" things. Blowing Rock is nearby. It's tourist-y but pretty cool.

My brother and sister went to App and loved it (he has a dual degree in business and IT and she has a degree in psychology). He works at Cisco Systems and she works at PPD.

Agree with the above poster - what is your area of study?

Old 04-28-2007, 06:37 PM

14 posts, read 68,358 times
Default Hello PradaLady from irish17020

Well, moving to Boone is an incredibly wonderful thing to do! And attending Appalachian is one of the best reason to do that.
Appalachian started out as a teachers college, but joined the North Carolina University System in the seventies, i believe. Going from 5,000 to nearly 14,000 students now.
My girls grew up in Boone and one attended ASU and the other UNC-Chapel Hill. Appalachian has a strong teaching program and graduates an incredibly well educated and dedicated group of teachers each year.
I understand that our Music program is known around the world, & Also in high regard are the Business Program, Tech, & a our Fabulous Art dept.
The area here is full of local artisans who either come here to study art or produce it! An inspiring area to be sure. The International travel and study abroad programs are highly acclaimed as some of the best.
We are located in the Northwest corner of the Blue Ridge Mountains, at about 3300 feet elevation and have much cooler summers than the larger NC cities such as Charlotte and Raleigh. Our winters are cold and produce several small snow events each year. But the snow is usually melted away in a day or two and life returns to normal very quickly.
My family is in real estate here and the market is solid, especially attractive to folks who want to cool off from Florida Summers. I wish you great success and hope you find what you need on the ASU site.
Irish

Old 04-30-2007, 12:32 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,931 times
Default Friendly rivals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebigcity View Post
You want to go to school where their mascot is Inbred Jed? (I went to WCU- Western Carolina University- ASU's rival & I am kidding with the Inbred Jed comment- just so you all know).
Yeah if you could provide info on what you want to study people can help you out more....who knows, another Univ. in the University of North Carolina system might be better for you (they could have a stronger program than ASU or not).
Yes, it is a part of the UNC system...We used to call it UNC at Tweetsie!

Just in case you are not familiar with Tweetsie...
http://www.tweetsie.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina