U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:38 PM

232 posts, read 673,814 times

Advertisements

I feel like we are going backwards....

we are moving in 2 weeks back north. Back to the congestion, ugly strip malls, high taxes and old expensive houses..

it's just not right to have to leave our new huge house with low taxes!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2006, 12:41 AM

5,661 posts, read 25,386,068 times
Sure, I did, but I moved back to NC again 30 years later. Job opportunties took me away and retirement brought me back.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:42 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,647,508 times
What happen? Why the move?

Old 07-14-2006, 07:21 AM

693 posts, read 2,614,859 times
You know, they say... "Never say Never".

But in this case I'll break the rule. NEVER!!

Old 07-14-2006, 08:20 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,005,931 times
"back to.." ??? ugly strip malls, congestion, and expensive homes is pretty dang common in most of this state, too. LOL

Old 07-14-2006, 10:02 AM

93 posts, read 669,042 times
There was a report on MSN the other day that stated the BOOM in the Raliegh housing market was mainly due to northerners that had moved down to florida, didn't like it and headed halfway back to NC. The term it used for these people was "halfbackers"

The good news for Raleigh is that it projected the housing market to continue to grow there, and for prices to drop here in Phoenix

Old 07-14-2006, 11:02 AM

477 posts, read 1,483,492 times
The good news for Raleigh is that it projected the housing market to continue to grow there, and for prices to drop here in Phoenix [/quote]

That is good in general but not so good for people like me who need to sell here before we go to NC

Old 07-14-2006, 11:15 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,719,884 times
I heard on the news today that many home builders are already projecting after 14 (yes 14) straight quarters of growth for it to be down, due to the IMBALANCE in the market..so, while houses are coming down in areas like CA, NY and AZ and the growth is still in NC, there houses will increase but not to any great degrees..there is a lot of un-easiness in all markets due to the interest rate, the middle east issues etc...If people from highed price areas can no longer come to a growth area like NC, correction will occur there too...these big builders if losing $$ in one area, will start offering more incentives in booming areas to correct their own financials and re-sells will have to make it more appealing to buy their home over a new one...

All states now are competing for business offering all kind of tax incentives..etc.

I think NC will continue to grow but some up it will slow down as even in the paper Union County is trying to slow it by not allowing builders unless they pay additional $$ due to tax issues there...

It will be interesting to see how all this plays out for the rest of the yr and into next year...

My fear with living in NY now is the terrorism issues are getting worse and worse all over, when will they strike the US again (maybe not even NY) if something like that happens, it will impact everyone.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:44 PM

483 posts, read 1,480,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weis02
My fear with living in NY now is the terrorism issues are getting worse and worse all over, when will they strike the US again (maybe not even NY) if something like that happens, it will impact everyone.
Yep. I'm sure you have already read about the recent plot to bomb the PATH tunnels? It's scary. And what's even more concerning is that this was discovered. Who knows what other plots are in the works and we just don't know about them. But this is a whole different discussion so I'll just stop for now.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:54 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,719,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdj43
Yep. I'm sure you have already read about the recent plot to bomb the PATH tunnels? It's scary. And what's even more concerning is that this was discovered. Who knows what other plots are in the works and we just don't know about them. But this is a whole different discussion so I'll just stop for now.

I do not want to drag this on either but it would not be that difficult for a terroist to get on the LIRR, get in Penn and then ...

What is going on all over now is very un-settling...and while war is not on our territory we are also facing the impact (gas, oil - etc) ... and it does not look like it will end anytime soon

You can't live your life worrying about - but just makes you stop and think

Be safe everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: