Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 03:33 PM
QAP QAP started this thread

1 posts, read 1,438 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My husband and I are relocating to NC from MN with our 3 kids. He will be working in Tar Heel. I have been told that Elizabethtown, Gray's Creek and Hope Mills are all good areas around the Fayetteville area. Not sure how school works (open enrollments) though since the two older kids would like to attend 71st Classical Middle School in Fayetteville.
Also would like to hear from anyone about Elementary schools in that area for our youngest. Not having much luck figuring out where a good one is that would be close to the older kids. I may be working in Tar Heel as well, was happy with what I saw in Gray's Creek but not thrilled with the 20 minute drive to get to 71st CMS....lotta driving!
And I would love any suggestions of neighborhoods IN Fayetteville that are safe and close to 71st or other good schools. We are open to living in town, in the country or in the city it's self.
So any and all input, info and insight would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 08:29 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
I'd look at Remington North. It is just a couple of blocks from 71st. We have sold two new homes there this summer and almost bought one for ourselves.

From a personal perspective we chose instead to build in Grey's Creek so our daughter could go to Gallberry Farms Elementary.

I hope you have checked out this link. I think it is not working at the moment.

www.ncschoolreportcard.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina