Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 11:57 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,452,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassieb75
a1m1700......Wow! They are almost all grown! I cant imagine what my life will be like when all my kids are grown, I know it will be here before I know it though. I definately want to move sooner rather than later because of my kids' ages. So my husband and i were talking about it last night and I was telling all of things you and so many others on this forum were saying. He stopped talking to me and I asked him why? He said he is starting to get excited and he needs to relax because we havent even gone out there yet, For me that is such a good sign!!! He is actually picturing us moving so I can already tell this is as close to a "thumbs-up" as I can get before we actually go to visit....Yeay!!!!

Yep same happened with us, it seems I had to keep softening him. He wants to go but doesn't want to leave his friends and family. It will go in a cycle from now until you leave. Ask anyone on this forum. Should we stay or should we go back and forth. It's better with him since he seen the area. HE LOVES IT!
Yeah my kids are just about grown now and it's weird because it happens before you know it. If I could go back I would have taken them out of here to NC sooner. I didn't know any better, I was just happy we weren't in NY and I was fine with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2006, 11:58 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,518,024 times
Quote:
a1m1700......Wow! They are almost all grown! I cant imagine what my life will be like when all my kids are grown, I know it will be here before I know it though. I definately want to move sooner rather than later because of my kids' ages. So my husband and i were talking about it last night and I was telling all of things you and so many others on this forum were saying. He stopped talking to me and I asked him why? He said he is starting to get excited and he needs to relax because we havent even gone out there yet, For me that is such a good sign!!! He is actually picturing us moving so I can already tell this is as close to a "thumbs-up" as I can get before we actually go to visit....Yeay!!!!
Yeay is right....So many "new beginnings" begin with a heart to heart talk like that. My wife and I had the same type of talk last year, and buy this year Feb. we were signed our purchase agreement.

In regards to the race/interracial thing, I've got quite a few friends black couples and black/white couples that moved down from MA to the Charlotte and Raleigh areas. While they didn't have it as something they felt would be overt, they were "prepared" for anything. Anyway, all my friends it got to a point where they stopped looking for it so to speak because it never came up (at least overtly). So I think your excitement should only grow from here...Best of luck

Old 07-15-2006, 12:52 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,745,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Yes my kids are older my twins are the youngest they are 17 and they are graduating next year. If we leave before that they will stay will my sister-inlaw and so they can finish school.

They will be attending college in Charlotte so I'm not really concerned about the schools except for resale purposes on my new home.
I have a son 24 he will not move, he has a serious girlfriend in AZ. I have a 19 year old I'm not sure if he will go. He's living on his own with a friend. He thinks he's grown up already. My kids are not happy about moving I think if they go they will like it. I have a feeling the 19 year old will go too.
Those are issues we will be dealing with too, when DH retires in several years. Can't come soon enough, we'll be so ready when the time comes!

Oldest will be finished with college then, who knows where she will be. DS will be 2nd year of college, and DD2 will have just started college.

I'm hoping that when we decide where we will retire, whether it is NC or another spot, that at least one of them will like it and relocate. We will be settling in an area where there are jobs, I know that for sure - more than where we are now.

I'll be keeping up with this thread with great interest.

Old 07-15-2006, 01:15 PM

Now my twinzies tell me they may want to go live with our other relatives in Pa. when we move to NC. I have a sister in-law in Exton Pa. and they have cousins. The twins have never been there. They think it sounds cool from what they hear from the relatives. Close to Philly.

I say have fun...........NOT ME YUK

Old 07-15-2006, 01:32 PM

170 posts, read 564,929 times
Ya, my husband was born and raised in PA, Pittsburgh area. I keep asking him if he wants to go back (We have A LOT of relatives there!), but nope! He doesn't want to relive the past. I'm good with that, it's only 6-7 hr. drive, I can handle that just fine.

Old 07-15-2006, 01:54 PM

91 posts, read 252,747 times
Quote:
...... He said he is starting to get excited and he needs to relax because we havent even gone out there yet, For me that is such a good sign!!! He is actually picturing us moving so I can already tell this is as close to a "thumbs-up" as I can get before we actually go to visit....Yeay!!!!
Sassie--if you go, you won't be able to stand it until you get moved. We are so excited, it occupies our thoughts and comes up in conversation every single day.

My kids are 12 and 10 and are ready to move. I thought it would be tougher for them, but so far they are handling it very well and are excited. The only issue we have right now is what they are going to take and what they need to let go of.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:03 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,834,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weis02
about what and where are you leaving to
We are going to Wake Forest

Old 07-15-2006, 08:06 PM

Quote:
NYer....how old are your kids?
11 year old: inconsolable
7 year old: his birthday wish is that we could stay at our house
4 year old: "I just want to be here forever"

I hope that the fact that school will start right away & that they will b ebusy & meeting people will help ease the transition.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAndTerri
Sassie--if you go, you won't be able to stand it until you get moved. We are so excited, it occupies our thoughts and comes up in conversation every single day.

My kids are 12 and 10 and are ready to move. I thought it would be tougher for them, but so far they are handling it very well and are excited. The only issue we have right now is what they are going to take and what they need to let go of.

Yeah I agree. You must have taken your kids with you when you went. If I took my kids to that Lake Norman area they wouldn't be complaining either. They didn'y go with us.

We are also trying to decide what to take.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Now my twinzies tell me they may want to go live with our other relatives in Pa. when we move to NC. I have a sister in-law in Exton Pa. and they have cousins. The twins have never been there. They think it sounds cool from what they hear from the relatives. Close to Philly.

I say have fun...........NOT ME YUK
We have been to Exton... for hockey for my son. I was surprised at how pleasant it was, a really nice suburb, friendly people too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina