Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:50 PM

180 posts, read 733,612 times

Advertisements

Bostongirl, Yesterday you were selling your John Deere lawnmower and going to move NJ, now one day later your moving to PA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2006, 01:10 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,906,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer
It is mostly new, much nicer than Long Island.
We LI'ers were amazed at how nice it is. We get so stuck on the idea that we are in the most sophisticated nicest spot but when you travel, that assumption dissappears really fast!
I have also come to realize as you travel, we here on LI are more different and everyone else is more or less the same.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:56 PM

787 posts, read 3,582,709 times
I had one heck of a problem dragging Chris to Snow Hill and now I couldn't make him move if I wanted to. We talked about moving to Rocky Point where his brother lives and he flat out told me he had no intentions of going any where. Basically as he put it, he is settled here. And to move would unseat the things that he view as stability. So I would say if you could have heard him in 1992 when I was doing my best to sell him on my hometown, you would have thought, there is no way she is ever going to get him down there. But I did and I created a true Greene County monster. Just do it with an alternative if your spouse is really unhappy about moving. Just tell him or her to think about the positives, assuming there are some. Bribery works wonders. LOL

Old 07-17-2006, 02:48 PM

477 posts, read 1,582,967 times
We are starting to place ideas in the kids' head. Like, "Dad's job may transfer next year" and "we may have to move sometime after this school year". Of course they don't want to move but at this point it's just not up to them. I do have some guilt and go back and forth in my head. Even though we havent been out to see NC. If it looks anything like North Atlanta in the way of green trees and such, I already know I'll like it. Where I am from in Northerrn Cali. it is so pretty, and green. I miss it som much and I hate desert landscape so anywhere out of here is fine with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina