Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:52 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,495,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
Wow, maybe we should start by thanking all the trolls who get us all fired up. Also all those who think moving to NC will solve all their employment worries. And last but not least those who have moved here only to be disappointed. We could never have done it without you all.
hahahahahahaha - and some trolls who pose as regulars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 07:43 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,996,588 times
Good posts... hahahahahaha!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:07 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,264,411 times
I think the beauty of our forum is that so many people have moved here and discovered things - and so they share that info. I know I have learned stuff here regularly - and very often it is from someone who moved here and had already researched the subject.

I think we can credit part of the volume to discussions - usually from folks who are not living here and often have no intention of living here - on the subject . . . "Why is Atlanta better than Charlotte?" Hee Hee.

And then there's the "Is Charlotte Cosmospolitan/Diverse/Urban/Cultural" (etc)

And then there are the "Why are Charlotte drivers so bad" threads . . .

And one of my favorites: "Why do people run to the grocery store when they forecast snow here"

Old 09-18-2009, 06:46 AM

415 posts, read 1,207,814 times
I no it is really great!! but maybe its true. i didnt do it by individual cities i done it by state. and if so im happy for texas too!

Old 09-19-2009, 10:27 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,085,502 times
Actually, Texas has the most posts but NC has the most threads. NC had both the most threads and posts until sometime this Summer when Texas passed it in posts.
In the US, I think that the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary Forum has the most threads and the most posts among metro areas. I haven't seen one that has more.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:33 AM

7,065 posts, read 12,302,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Actually, Texas has the most posts but NC has the most threads. NC had both the most threads and posts until sometime this Summer when Texas passed it in posts.
In the US, I think that the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary Forum has the most threads and the most posts among metro areas. I haven't seen one that has more.
Metro Charlotte has the most posts. The Triangle is second to metro Charlotte.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,376,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Metro Charlotte has the most posts. The Triangle is second to metro Charlotte.
you might want to check your facts it is very obvious on the home page

Old 09-20-2009, 10:54 AM

7,065 posts, read 12,302,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
you might want to check your facts it is very obvious on the home page
Metro Charlotte is in two states. The Triangle is 100% in North Carolina. If you add Charlotte (and York/Lancaster in SC), you will see that Metro Charlotte has the most posts. The Triangle has the most threads.

//www.city-data.com/forum/north-carolina/
//www.city-data.com/forum/south-carolina/

I understand that the Triangle appears to be the most active Metro Area, however we can not forget that MANY cities (like Charlotte) are two-state (or more) metros. Places like NYC, Memphis, Chicago, Cincinnati, Louisville, Charlotte, Boston, Philly, etc have metros that cross state lines. The fact that city-data's threads are categorized by state boundaries make these "multi-state" metros look less active than they really are. Charlotte is a perfect example of this fact.

Charlotte is NC's 2nd most active metro. Charlotte (York/Lancaster) is SC's 3rd most active metro. Combined, Charlotte is the most active metro in NC and SC.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 09-20-2009 at 11:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina