Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2006, 03:26 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b
Realtors: Home sales now a 'buyer's market'

Sales fell for third straight month in June; nearly flat prices make double-digit gains seem like a distant memory.

July 25 2006: 3:27 PM EDT

Wow!! You don't say! lol First prices are flat...then guess what happens?

Last edited by Marka; 12-07-2007 at 10:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 05:32 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,907,153 times
I think we will pretty much see the same in the fall, while sales may pick up, I do not think prices will, at least up her in NY, as for down in NC, builders who have a lot of unsold inventory, will offer deals and pre-sells will have either decrease somewhat to compete...even if one area of the nation has a good market and the other a bad, they do impact each other in some ways but I do not think houses will appreciate down so like they did hear as quickly.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:45 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
As far as what you read in the papers...and I'm being so honest here...I've read in the Raleigh paper that sales for the month were down...only to wonder why MY clients don't know this...as I had 6 sales that month. My office, as a whole, had the best month this year. Then the next day, I read that home sales are up and continue to rise. So...does the media ever get any story right??? Vicki

Old 07-26-2006, 05:46 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,854,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR
As far as what you read in the papers...and I'm being so honest here...I've read in the Raleigh paper that sales for the month were down...only to wonder why MY clients don't know this...as I had 6 sales that month. My office, as a whole, had the best month this year. Then the next day, I read that home sales are up and continue to rise. So...does the media ever get any story right??? Vicki
I think maybe it is as a hole? Maybe they are going by how many transactions were done at the county or title?

Old 07-26-2006, 06:03 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,001,034 times
Quote:
It amazes me how many people accept as fact what they read in the local newspaper without verifying those "facts" with independent sources before repeating them.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:18 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,264 times
Quote:
How were the sales in the other real estate offices? Did they also have the best month this year?

Old 07-26-2006, 06:20 PM

Quote:
It amazes me how many people accept as fact what they read in the local newspaper without verifying those "facts" with independent sources before repeating them.
Aren't the newspapers supposed to verify the facts before publishing the "facts"?

Old 07-26-2006, 06:30 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,001,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC
Aren't the newspapers supposed to verify the facts before publishing the "facts"?
Why do you say that?

Old 07-26-2006, 06:33 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,572,385 times
Ah you know I thought it was Smoky but I stuck in the e...
I think we will have to check out that area as well as Pennsylvania.
We loved it there when we went with the kids way back.
We love Pigeon Forge TN also! Lots to do there. I think we will go with the Motorhome to all these great places and just live in it for a while then choose where we want to end up

Old 07-26-2006, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Why do you say that?
The whole point of newspapers is they do the research and write about what they find out.

Now you can certainly debate this, especially if has to do with politics, but that is what they are supposed to do.

I mean what is the point of newspapers if it isn’t reporting the news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina