U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2009, 08:58 AM

10 posts, read 19,524 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

My wife and I are about to move that way and have been looking online but we'd like to hear first hand what neighborhoods do you consider the 'nicer and more family friendly'.

Here's a brief rundown: I will be doing contract work out of Fort Bragg. I would like to stay within a 30 minute commute or so. We have a 16 month old, and soon to have a new born coming in January. We are looking for atleast .25 acre lot or more. 3 - 4 bedrooms with a bonus. We don't want to spend more than $225K. I have family around wilson and snow hill, so we'd prefer to be on the east side of town for easy access to 95 to visit family.

We sent family to check out a house in the Castlefield at Millstone neighborhood, but the yards were non-existent. So we're open for any and all ideas!

Thanks in advance,

Ken and Amber
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 09:27 AM

999 posts, read 4,463,036 times
I lived in Runnymeade Acres, in Fayetteville, near Hope Mills, in the Stoney Point el. Jack Britt HS area. Yards are all flat, about 1/4 acre, maybe a little less, TONS of kids, and the homes listed there are about your price range. The neighboring subdivisions of Landsdowne (and landsdowne II and west) are also very family friendly, some older homes (10 yrs) and newer homes, some larger lots, and tend to be a bit less than your $225--maybe if it's an older home you could use the extra money to fix up a kitchen or bath?
These homes are in the BEST schools in Fayetteville! Good luck finding what you want.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:50 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,711,875 times
I'm building our new home in the Gray's Creek School district (Gallberry Farms elementary). It is exactly one mile east of I-95 in the Braxton Farms subdivision. It still has lots that are .25 and you can get an 3,000 square foot new construction house for $225k. I've got a 5 year old and a two year old so the neighborhood was a prime concern for us. It has sidewalks which are uncommon in most neighborhood in this area.

There are plenty of other nice neighborhoods. Castlefield is very nice with the new mixed use concept and some of the lots in the back are bigger than those that are complete in the front section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>