Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 03:09 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,854,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeager9
It depends on the city I guess. But I'm thinking you have to do in person because you have to show identification. For me, I just drove down on a long weekend (about a 10 hr. drive from where I lived) and did it, since the post office in Wilmington was open on Saturday morning, I did it then while visiting.
Go to one of those packNsave. They usually will do it if you fax them ID. This way you can say APT #107 instead of PO Box 107
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2006, 08:30 PM

79 posts, read 263,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley
So that's $800 less a month. How much will you save on your mortgage payment?
Well we aren't only moving for financial reasons, the main reason is quality of life, we feel we have lost our quality of life here on LI. I have a 2and a half yr old car and it has 43,000 miles on it, 80% of the miles are driving to and from work (in some of the worst traffic imaginable).At my new job I get a company vehicle that I will drive home at night and to work in the morning and the company pays for the gas, that alone is going to be a huge savings for us. We are mortaged out at almost $200,000 now, after the move we will carry about a $50,000 mortgage that I plan to have paid off in 10 yrs. our taxes will be $2,300 a yr down from $7,000 now. our car ins. will be half. our house ins. is less than half. We have an above ground pool that I have spent over $130 in the last 2 weeks on chemicals, our new community has 2 outdoor pools and an indoor pool, a 27 hole golf course, a complete gym/athletic club with arobics classes that costs us $50 a month (that includes the HOA fees) I am not an accountant but i believe we will be much better off, plus when my children are grown if they want to live near where they grew up they will be able to afford to do so. There is no way they could afford a house here on LI with-out being some type of high paid professional, or they can be a teacher or a police-person (teachers here typically make $80k plus a yr and cops in suffolk co. make a base salary of $105k plus o.t.) i am tired of paying for all of this, they are the only ones who can afford a quality life on LI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina