Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 09:26 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,379,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregg View Post
You're not me so you can't comment on my logic. How do you know I'll forget to use them when I think it's necessary to use them?
I don't always use my wipers either. Care to take on that battle with me as well ?

As long as when you do use your wipers you've got your headlights on (also the law) then no problems from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 01:22 PM

249 posts, read 514,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndroid View Post
As long as when you do use your wipers you've got your headlights on (also the law) then no problems from me.
My headlights are always on (during inclement weather and darkness) regardless if my wipers are on/off.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:57 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times
A comedian once said that Turn Signals (equipment) are options in NC.

What about arrogant SOB's parking in Fire Lanes because they are too
fat to walk 25 feet to pick up Chinese take out?

Old 03-13-2012, 07:53 AM

2,023 posts, read 3,237,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
What's worse is when you have the misfortune of driving behind them in the parking lot. Suddenly they decide to park there (in the fire lane), you can't get around them (due to traffic), and they don't have a turn signal on indicating they are pulled over intentionally!

Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,379,548 times
Quote:

Oooh that really grinds my gears too. And it's not just for take-out. I see it all the time in the parking lot of grocery stores where the driver will pull in to the fire lane, let someone out and wait for them to do whatever they have to do with their flashers on. I know this isn't technically parking, but I wish they'd make the fire lanes "no standing" or "no stopping" instead of just "no parking" which means you can get away with having the driver wait or just leave the engine running...

Old 03-13-2012, 12:14 PM

137 posts, read 241,531 times
I always signal when in close proximity to others. IT's just plain common courtesy and safety. Allow a person to see WTF you are about to do. I really despise these people out on I40 who change lanes erratically with no signal. THIS is a huge factor in creating rush hour congestion when there is absolutely no GAIN and NO reason for it. These are just plain dumb people who treat their car like its a big luxury couch with wheels and not the 4000lb steel projectile that it is. Unless you are away from other cars at 2am on a fairly vacant road then SIGNAL people.....I dont care if its a law or not it just helps to keep peoples attention of what moves we are all making in these big azz hunks of steel at high speed...........its not a chore to press the lever..........That is unless you are one of these idiots who are smoking, texting, and drinking coffee all at the same time. I hope you hit me so I can ruin your life!

Old 03-13-2012, 04:42 PM

240 posts, read 559,083 times
Quote:

I know, right? Another thing that puzzles me about people in NC is their tendency to use their vehicles to go a distance of about 100 ft. b/c they are too lazy to walk the walk. Another thing these airheads do is park their vehicles facing oncoming traffic on the wrong side of the road. Tough actions for people who like to criticize the way it's done in England and, in England (at least in London), drivers do the exact same thing. Pretty ridiculous!

Old 03-14-2012, 05:18 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times
Another thing - what is with all these people that look and perform like professional athletes, but
have handicap placards?

Old 03-14-2012, 07:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamsauer View Post
This comes from page 69 of the NC DMV Driving Handbook!

Communicating

Communicating means letting others know what you plan to do early enough to avoid a crash. Any time you plan to slow dwon, stop, turn, change langes or pull away from the curb, you should signal your intention. Be in the habit of signalling your movement even when you do not see others on the road. Before you signal, you must first see that your movement can be made safely.

NCDOT: Driver License

Guys lets keep the topic of this thread to what the OP quoted above.
All other topics feel free to start your own thread.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:23 AM

53 posts, read 80,419 times
This definition describes common human decency and a sense of community. Neither are often found in contempory driving. Instead, we have self centered road warriors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina