Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:18 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,038,954 times

Advertisements

As I said, I am actively passing cars and I may even have it on cruise control (usually around 5-8 mph above if I'm passing) because I'm not getting a ticket, but these are people who literally pull up behind you going 95 mph and drive about 3 feet from your bumper trying to get you to go faster. Ain't gonna happen, they can wait 2 minutes until I'm done passing at whatever speed I'm comfortable with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 06:24 PM

770 posts, read 3,671,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
People are going to say that is how we do it up north, etc. Because that is where they came from. Maybe they like to talk about it, so what? Doesn't mean they are saying you are doing it wrong, but that this is how they did it. Secondly, when I was referring to someone tailgating I was not speaking of a major highway that has more then one lane. I was speaking of one lane back roads where you have NO choice but to follow this slow moving person all the way down the road. I really wish people would READ posts thoroughly.
What was so uncalled for. Does everyone agree that sometimes posts are not read in full before someone begins attacking them?

Old 05-22-2007, 10:11 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,638,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetOwner2 View Post
Perception is reality and the general perception among most southerners is that transplants who say "That's how we did it in (fill in the blank)" are jerks.
I hate the phrase "Perception is reality" because I don't think it's accurate....but I have to agree that if I hear one more person say "That's how we did it in (fill in the blank)" I am going to scream. This ain't (fill in the blank)!!

I am sure they don't do thinks in a former state like they do in NC either!! My neighbors are from CA and have been here over a year...and they won't bloody learn to like NC. They moved here for the housing prices....but they never have figured out that NC isn't CA. Too bad they can probably never afford to move back since this sort of folk is just going to be miserable here.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,411,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post

My neighbors are from CA and have been here over a year...and they won't bloody learn to like NC. They moved here for the housing prices....but they never have figured out that NC isn't CA. Too bad they can probably never afford to move back since this sort of folk is just going to be miserable here.
Isn't exactly THAT the WRONG thing to think about, when you move somewhere?
I am still looking into a place, where I am greeted friendly, and can "mold" into! I want to "blend", because that's what gives one security, and comfort. I wouldn't want to be an a**.......I WANT TO BE HAPPY, because my life is to short to be miserable, or make other people miserable!
Geez, different houses, in all price classes are everywhere..I am concerned about the area and people I am moving to, because the best McMansion's can be sh**, if the poeple are sh***y.
So, I'd much rather end up with a smaller house, but great people surrounding me...now THAT'S what I call a great LIFE!!!!
(Now throw a decent job into the mix, and it becomes HEAVEN...and THAT'S what we are looking for)...lol.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:37 AM

134 posts, read 548,499 times
Sheeeesh a lot of mad people here.

Personally if I am in the left lane and someone is going faster than me I do all I can to get out of the way. To me it is just simple courtesy. I dont need to know why they are going faster, but for what ever reason they need to go faster. Knock yourself out.

And people that insist on "blocking" the faster driver are making the situation even worse. How much is it just to get out of the way? If I am in the left lane passing, and someone is coming up fast, I will accelerate to get out of the way. No big deal and I dont feel the need to make a point to try and slow them down. Thats why there are State Troupers

:-D

Old 05-23-2007, 09:40 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,368,372 times
http://www.slowertraffickeepright.com/

There are even signs in most places they say "Slower Traffic Keep Right." Not only that, if you are going slow in the left lane, NC and SC troopers have been issuing tickets for creating a traffic hazard and not following the law which the aforementioned signs state.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:35 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,411,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post

Personally if I am in the left lane and someone is going faster than me I do all I can to get out of the way. To me it is just simple courtesy. I dont need to know why they are going faster, but for what ever reason they need to go faster. Knock yourself out.

And people that insist on "blocking" the faster driver are making the situation even worse. How much is it just to get out of the way? If I am in the left lane passing, and someone is coming up fast, I will accelerate to get out of the way. No big deal and I dont feel the need to make a point to try and slow them down. Thats why there are State Troupers

Mad people? You think ?...lol
And, just think, you are on the road every day, with those mad people...SCARY, if you ask me!!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 10:44 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for being the voice of reason. I cannot believe more people don't get this. Those that insist on staying in what is actually the "passing lane" just because they are doing the speed limit are playing a very dangerous game. Even the troopers will tell you it is not your job, but THEIRS, to slow people down. If you are not a trooper get out of the passing lane when someone going faster comes up behind you.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:55 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,308,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
People are going to say that is how we do it up north, etc. Because that is where they came from. Maybe they like to talk about it, so what? Doesn't mean they are saying you are doing it wrong, but that this is how they did it. Secondly, when I was referring to someone tailgating I was not speaking of a major highway that has more then one lane. I was speaking of one lane back roads where you have NO choice but to follow this slow moving person all the way down the road. I really wish people would READ posts thoroughly.
Personally, I wasn't able to tell that you were referring to 2 lane roads, 1-in-each-direction, and since you mentioned I-85 in particular, I guess we all figured you were talking about the expressway.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:41 AM

134 posts, read 548,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Mad people? You think ?...lol
And, just think, you are on the road every day, with those mad people...SCARY, if you ask me!!!!
Could be worse... this could be Chicago or worse yet BOSTON.

In Chicago people will block you from changing lanes when you try to get around them.

Unfortunately I have found here people will speed up when you try to go around. Here however I dont think it is intentional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina