Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 08:47 PM

1,379 posts, read 3,918,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky13 View Post
When I first arrived here about 32 years ago I thought the civil war was either still being waged or that some people had not gotten the message that the war had ended. The other thing was I don't think they agreed that the North had won the war. But over the years since I did not try to burn the fields cause any bodily harm or take any prisoners I have had no problems. The fact that I also happen to be an African American had me a little worried but my neighbors have always been just that neighbors. I had always lived in intergrated neighborhoods so this was not new to me; but when we moved in an found that we were the only black family in the close surrounding area I think we were a shock to the neighbors.
Funny, I had a similar impression when I first moved to NC, many years ago, but it's slowly changed over the decades (change is always slow). I couldn't believe people were still waving confederate flags.

It's true that you can find racists and rednecks up north too -- trust me, I know -- but it's still more imbued in the southern culture for sure, for obvious reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 02:17 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie1014 View Post
South Bellmore cannot wait to get out of here
I can see why, lol. I grew up in North Bellmore, lol, so I feel ya sister, I feel ya. I still live on the island and love it, but thankful and glad to be out of Bellmore.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:45 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,350,760 times
Answering original query , no you all who refer to yourselves as members of NY's baseball team are not bad.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:34 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie1014 View Post
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, just found it a couple of days ago, and while browsing, it seems that some people from NY that relocated to NC were "Yankee" bashed. I am moving there next month, and when we visited to find our home, everyone seemed very welcoming. We met some of the nicest people who didn't seem to mind at all that we were coming from NY, and exchanged phone numbers with them to get together when we move there. Are we in for a surprise when we go? Do NC people really dislike us Yankees??
No We're not that bad. Some folks just don't like us because we're smarter. And others just like being stuck in the 1700 & 1800's by using simple minded terms like, "Yankee". People get over it, the south is never going to rise again, the war is dead and gone, this is called the "United States" for a reason.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:03 PM

444 posts, read 1,143,427 times
Your statement is very ignorant. Lol most of us arn't racist, and the only reason some of us wear the rebel flag around is because we honor our dead ancestors in the civil war.

Proclaiming that you are "smarter" only states your arrogant, yankee mind.

NC is a larger state than NY. You can drive 10 hours from the coast to the mountains, so there are very different people everyhere you go in NC.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raivere View Post
Your statement is very ignorant. Lol most of us arn't racist, and the only reason some of us wear the rebel flag around is because we honor our dead ancestors in the civil war.

Proclaiming that you are "smarter" only states your arrogant, yankee mind.
NC is a larger state than NY. You can drive 10 hours from the coast to the mountains, so there are very different people everyhere you go in NC.
My ex-wife was born and raised in NC. She is so dumb that she once ask me if the Great Lakes were, now get this "Man Made". LMAO still. Then she and her ignorant mother tried to argue with me that the Hawaiian Islands were "Floating island". OTFLMAO again. And you know the real sad part about it is,"She was a high school graduate from Fayatteville, NC.
So by your calling me a "Yankee", well now, I feel sorry your parents for wasted their money on your education, or lack there of. You don't and never will hear me calling you a "Johnny Reb". Why you may ask? Thats because I don't see the need of bringing up names and short minded thing of (by-gone-days).
And why is it that the folks down (further south) in Florida, you never hear them using the term "Yankee", when referring to someone from the North?

Last edited by EarthBound?; 11-09-2009 at 08:10 AM..

Old 11-09-2009, 08:00 AM

Like i said, NC is larger than most northern states. And you know that there are dumb people up there too. Ignoring that would be careless.

As far as your ex-wife goes, i dont care how dumb she is cause there are dumb people everywhere. After all, what is intellegence anyway? Only that the more we try to learn, the more there is to know.

Lmao she sounds histerical.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Like i said, NC is larger than most northern states. And you know that there are dumb people up there too. Ignoring that would be careless.

As far as your ex-wife goes, i dont care how dumb she is cause there are dumb people everywhere. After all, what is intellegence anyway? Only that the more we try to learn, the more there is to know.

Lmao she sounds histerical.
Yep! Thats why we call them "White Trailor park Trash".

Old 11-09-2009, 08:37 AM

Lol well they have hearts too.

So which would you rather have; a heart or a brain?
Just for funzies

Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Lol well they have hearts too.

So which would you rather have; a heart or a brain?
Just for funzies
A brain would be nice. Animals also have hearts, but we call them dumb. And they only do what they do, because nature dictates that to them. Humans can be what they call "Voluntarily Stupid". They know what they have done, or what they're about to do is wrong, but they do it anyway. If one wants to live like a pig and be lazy, then don't call a (Swine) pig "nasty", Its in their nature. If one wishes to be stupid and not read & learn, then don't call a cow (a dumb animal). God was the one who created the bovine so they can't read.

The Creator gave us a brain so we can learn, think and make good judgement calls to better our lives and the lives of those around us.

I'm not the smartest person on the face of the earth, but I like to learn and read as much as I can. As my grandfather once told me, "If you go through the day and didn't learn something new, the day was wasted" .

So yes, a brain is important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina