Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What has your experiance been with eligibility reviews
A horrible experience! They checked every name on my list! 0 0%
Bad. Make sure your paperwork is in order! They randomly check who you say you've sent resumes to. 1 33.33%
Routine. Just show them your Excel sheet and you'll be fine. 2 66.67%
A breeze! 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:08 PM

747 posts, read 2,105,772 times

Advertisements

At the Charlotte main office, they just want the last 4 weeks. If you have the form filled out before you get there, you should be in and out in 5 minutes (once they call your name and take you to the conference room). I used to get there early (anytime), sign in, and they call you in, regardless of your appt time. Just don't go later than your time. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 02:24 PM

4 posts, read 10,665 times
Yes it does. Thanks so much.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:14 AM

4 posts, read 10,665 times
I was hoping someone could tell me that they personally put internet addresses on their work search records and had no problems. About 90% of my applications are online. I call to check up on the status of my resume when possible of course. But I have a review coming up and so many of my searches are online applications. Could someone tell me whether this is acceptable? Also one of the items you're to list is the employer's name and address. I spoke to someone at the NCESC office and she said it just meant the company name but another post suggested I needed the name of the person I spoke with. Can anyone confirm?

Old 08-24-2012, 06:02 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Hope you are doing more than just sitting around sending out resumes. Your money for being out of work comes from me. Too many people are on the unemployment gravy train. Hope they tighten this thing up soon.

Don't mean to make you mad, but I find it irritating that you are planning for a review, rather than out beating the streets.

Nevertheless, have a good day and good luck.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,685 times
I am pissed off that I have to prepare for a review instead of working on job negotiations, but there is no choice unless you want them to discipline you. Shame on you for acting as though preparing for the review is a choice-- it's required by the state. Also, give everyone here a job and get out of the discussion. It's not for you.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:04 PM

2 posts, read 1,685 times
“First and foremost, the interviews are designed to provide meaningful assistance resulting in getting people back to work,” said DES Assistant Secretary Dale Folwell.

I love this bold and blatant lie. First and foremost this "interview" is to try to catch cheaters. It's not to help anyone. It's wasting my time when I could be working on a job letter. Way to add insult to injury, NC. Keep at it. Why don't we just kill or incarcerate everyone who isn't already earning more than 50 K? The McCrory way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina