Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2009, 05:18 AM

2 posts, read 6,895 times

Advertisements

I have a question on who I would need to contact with NCESC concerning a claim that has transitioned from regular UI to EUC Tier 1 to EUC Tier 2. When I originally filed the claim, the company that i worked for last was headquartered in Atlanta, GA and that is where my wages were reported even though I lived and worked in NC.

The original claim was started with EUC Tier 1 because I did not have wages reported for the initial claim. Once my earnings were transfered from GA, about 3 to 4 months into the claim, my file was adjusted. It was determined that I received 1 weeks pay that I was not suppose to and it was adjusted and taken out of my next few weeks payments.

I received a "revised" EUC monetary determination in July which was updated to reflect the correction and it was 80% of my original determination. My claim transitioned into EUC Tier 1 in August and it took an extra week to start getting a payment and the missed week was paid several weeks later.

Two weeks ago I received a message while filing on-line that I had 2 weeks or less remaining on my claim. This past Thursday, Dec 17, I received an EUC Tier 2 Monetary Determination. Everything looked correct. Friday, Dec 18, I received another letter stating that I received benefits that I was not entitled. It was for the entire EUC Tier 1 payment period. Of course I understand the letter stated I could file an appeal to the determination.

When I filed on-line yesterday, no additional messages were given, and the claim profile this morning shows 1/2 payment was processed overnight. At this point I am confused as it seems someone has had to enter things on my claim to get to this point.

My claim profile on-line has always shown "Regular UI Claim" as the status, and I understood when I called the Remote ESC office in August concerning missing a payment that everything looked OK on the claim and was in line for Tier 1, but my on-line profile has never changed. I am assuming someone did an override or something trying to keep my claim correct. With that being said, I do not know who I need to contact. Anytime I go into the ESC office, I've seen someone different, so I don't know about going in as it may as confusion to the problem.

Any suggestions on who I would need to present this issue to would be appreciated. I know everyone is busy dealing with everyone's extensions so I want to be sure the contact the right department or person so I do not keep someone from helping someone else who may not have problems as bad as me. I do not understand if this is a mistake or if I actually need to file an appeal.

Thanks for your time and any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 12:14 PM

2 posts, read 6,895 times
Exclamation Update

I spoke with my Employment Consultant this morning, she had to investigate and offered to call me back. She called me back, and the timing I would consider super fast!!!

She indicated that she investigated the claim and there was a problem where the claim jumped over and run on a wrong program when my claim transitioned from my regular claim to Tier I. The claim did transition correctly to Tier II and in addition to transitioning correctly, the system noticed it did not come from the correct program and triggered the overpayment issue.

She indicated that she had to perform transactions that would not process until tonight's processing that would correct the issues.

She was super nice and very efficient!!! They are busy busy busy!!! I must hand it to them though -- THEY ROCK!!! I've read other peoples comments and questions concerning their claims and I must say these people are working as hard as they can AND truly as fast as they can, cut them some slack!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

<FORUM OPS>: This thread can be locked, merged into a similar thread or deleted. I was going to lock it and do not see an option to do so. After reviewing the forums more closely, I apologize if I broke away from a similar thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina