Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2007, 08:56 AM

543 posts, read 1,825,649 times

Advertisements

Summers are different here than they were in MA. Not that winter here has been all that bad but I really can't wait until it's hot and steamy out again.

Things I'm looking forward to:

Nice green lawn again.
Flowers in bloom and the fragance in the air.
Taking a dip in the pool and having a nice cold drink.
Outdoor social activities.
Wearing shorts and a t-shirt again.
Thunderstorms (love em).
Longer days, more time to enjoy outside.
Early morning fishing on the lake.

Biggest problem with summer is that your beer gets warm so fast that you have to drink them quickly, and uh, the electric bill.

What kinds of things do y'all looking forward to in the spring and summer ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 10:30 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,338 times
I can't wait until everything goes into bloom. Last year I can remember thinking that I have never seen a state as beautiful as NC, and as you said the smell.......well not too much longer now. Summer at the beach is great, I have never been this close to an ocean and I was in awe last year at the beach. The waves rolling in, grills going and people just chilling!

Old 01-25-2007, 10:44 AM

889 posts, read 3,118,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh View Post
Summers are different here than they were in MA. Not that winter here has been all that bad but I really can't wait until it's hot and steamy out again.

Things I'm looking forward to:

Nice green lawn again.
Flowers in bloom and the fragance in the air.
Taking a dip in the pool and having a nice cold drink.
Outdoor social activities.
Wearing shorts and a t-shirt again.
Thunderstorms (love em).
Longer days, more time to enjoy outside.
Early morning fishing on the lake.

Biggest problem with summer is that your beer gets warm so fast that you have to drink them quickly, and uh, the electric bill.

What kinds of things do y'all looking forward to in the spring and summer ?
Being WARM--- i am friggen cold today

Old 01-25-2007, 10:44 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,023,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
I can't wait until everything goes into bloom. Last year I can remember thinking that I have never seen a state as beautiful as NC, and as you said the smell.......well not too much longer now. Summer at the beach is great, I have never been this close to an ocean and I was in awe last year at the beach. The waves rolling in, grills going and people just chilling!
stop it cassy1 you're making me so jealous. my husband and I plan to relocate this year to the coast but we have to wait for hubby to get a job. Is there jasmine in NC? We visited Tybee Island, GA last May, the jasmine is everywhere there and ahhh the smell of it was just AMAZING. My husband still talks about the smell. We're planning a visit in March, will things be in bloom then or is it still too soon?

What I love about summer:

Hot weather
smell of flowers in the air
sun on my back
sitting in my backyard by the bbq pit drinking a cold coronna with lime (yum)
spending an afternoon on the boat swimming and fishing
that the sun lightens my hair
being able to open all the windows in my house and get fresh air
swimming in the lake down the street from my house
night time bbqs
how could i possibly forget the smell of fresh cut grass

Last edited by surfingatwork; 01-25-2007 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: i forgot one more thing

Old 01-25-2007, 11:31 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,756,587 times
Cook outs
spending lazy days with my kids
tank tops and flip flops
sweet tea on my front porch
outdoor concerts

I can't wait! But can't complain about this winter either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina