Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which builder would you choose, considering everything($,quality,design,features,etc)
Orleans Homebuilders 14 11.48%
Ryan Homes 10 8.20%
Shea Homes 17 13.93%
K. Hovnanian 13 10.66%
Niblock 3 2.46%
Pulte 10 8.20%
Saussy Burbank 8 6.56%
St. Lawrence Homes 8 6.56%
DR Horton 12 9.84%
Other - Please name & explain in thread 50 40.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 11,921 times

Advertisements

What About Kb Homes? Anything On Them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2006, 01:47 PM

30 posts, read 75,423 times
I would stay away from KB. We owned a home built by CENTEX and was very pleased with them. Another good builder is TOLL BROTHERS, however they are in the 300 plus range. Check out both of these builders websites and tour some of their models. Mind you, this is Florida building however, the aforementioned are over the entire country.....Good luck!!

Old 08-09-2006, 08:06 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,515,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deercelene
I would stay away from KB. We owned a home built by CENTEX and was very pleased with them. Another good builder is TOLL BROTHERS, however they are in the 300 plus range. Check out both of these builders websites and tour some of their models. Mind you, this is Florida building however, the aforementioned are over the entire country.....Good luck!!

Deer, which Centex community are you in? Just curious- we are moving into one in Waxhaw...

Old 08-10-2006, 10:15 PM

40 posts, read 136,989 times
You guys are right about nickle and diming at K.Hovnanian homes. But, I look at it this way, the base price of there homes are sooooo much lower at least in the Wake Forest Area we are looking in. So, when you add the upgrades it is still remains competitive to some of the houses which are being resold.
We have a deposit down there, I feel they have great service, very responsive, help people from out of state. I am very happy so far. We have not been able to walk the model yet since we have been in RI since the decision to build there. So, in about two weeks we will be able to make our final choice, they even wrote a contract allowing us out if we did not like it when we got there with a full refund. Now thats service. (the reason we put the money down is because they let us know base pricing was going up which it did and we locked in before that- the honesty won me over ).

Thanks for letting me add my two sense. I am a first time home buyer and to build too its gonna be interesting.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:37 AM

30 posts, read 75,423 times
We owned a home built by Centex in a suburb in Florida called Waterways. I am going to check out K.Hovnanian Builders since there have been numerous good post writings on them...

Old 08-11-2006, 11:56 AM

293 posts, read 954,843 times
Anyone hear of Westport Homes? I think they were previously called Cambridge Homes. I checked the Better Business Bureau & not much came up. I also heard to stay away from KB homes. Don't know why. I recently saw a special that Martha Stewart has a street in Atlanta called Martha Stewart Lane & all the homes are built by KB. They are all designed by her.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:04 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,833,329 times
Any experience with Drees?

Old 08-17-2006, 06:03 PM

483 posts, read 1,562,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Any experience with Drees?
I've been inside those homes. They are beautiful. A little expensive but beautiful. I have a friend that lives across the road in the subdivision Park at West Lake and he told me that for some reason a lot of people are trying to sell their homes. Not sur ewhy, but most of those homes also have the water pipe going across the front of their lawn.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:37 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,833,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdj43 View Post
I've been inside those homes. They are beautiful. A little expensive but beautiful. I have a friend that lives across the road in the subdivision Park at West Lake and he told me that for some reason a lot of people are trying to sell their homes. Not sur ewhy, but most of those homes also have the water pipe going across the front of their lawn.
hmmm... wouldn't that pipe have been there when they bought?

Old 08-17-2006, 08:52 PM

483 posts, read 1,562,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
hmmm... wouldn't that pipe have been there when they bought?

Oh absolutely. I'm not saying that they bought the house without seeing/knowing that. I'm just saying for anyone interested in those homes, they are beautiful but that pipe along the front lawn can be an eye sore, not to mention nerve racking when you have a small child that you want playing in the front yard. I have no idea why so many are trying to sell their homes; I'm just hearing this second hand from my friend who lives across from that development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina