Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:38 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,086,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna Leave Penciltucky View Post
I once went to Sandy Hook and discovered that it had nude areas. God I went blind. Twice like a dope I had to look again.
Gunnison Beach ... ah, the memories.

To the original poster, good luck on the sale of your home! We left Jersey November 2006 and couldn't be happier.

SL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 12:56 PM

95 posts, read 101,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna Leave Penciltucky View Post
I once went to Sandy Hook and discovered that it had nude areas. God I went blind. Twice like a dope I had to look again.
It's like a train wreck.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:07 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,086,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
It's like a train wreck.
Y'all are cracking me up.

SL

Old 05-30-2007, 07:28 AM

842 posts, read 2,588,016 times
NJPrintman, congrats on your move to Charlotte. I too will be visiting the area in approximately a week to do some looking around because I am pretty much priced out of the NY housing market. I was told to look mainly in Raleigh because that is where the highest concentration of IT jobs are in the State.

Do you have any advice for me? Do you have any relatives in NC or are you going there not knowing anyone? Any info on the type of house and the sticker price etc?

Anyway, a sincere good luck to you and your wife on your new move. May the good Lord help you to sell you NJ home soon. Good luck.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:43 AM

460 posts, read 2,422,001 times
Default Shallotte is not Charlotte

smiths,
NjPrint is moving to Shallotte which is not Charlotte. Charlotte is not anywhere close to Raleigh. NC is big maybe you should mapquest a bit.
When I first moved in NC n the early 90's I only had an in laws family there.
IT is big in the triangle. Houses in the triangle are diverse and go from mid 100's for a townhome to over a mil. Go on a house hunting trip and take in the local flavor whether you are going to Charlotte or Raleigh.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:11 AM

116 posts, read 446,049 times
NJPrint,
Congradulations! We have cousins that moved to Shallotte about 5 years ago from California and love it, I am sure you will too. Blessing and best wishes!
Duke101

Old 06-01-2007, 04:22 PM

219 posts, read 853,011 times
To:
Linus, jerseyj, saralee, njrover etcetcetc
Thank you all for a prayer and wishes of good luck.
Rover, getting ready to leave so they can show the house in about half an hour.
We hope we are not overpricing our home. Did a lot of work and this town......Woodlynne (next to Camden) is hot for sales so far. Lot of folks want to move from Camden and send there kids to our schools.
I would have written sooner but work has been crazy..... can't wait to retire.
I gave up on the COLONY. Really don't think my heart could take that constant swinging of the head back and forth. Oh man.....not what you think.....all right I'll shut up.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:33 PM

219 posts, read 853,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsinc View Post
NJPrintman, congrats on your move to Charlotte. I too will be visiting the area in approximately a week to do some looking around because I am pretty much priced out of the NY housing market. I was told to look mainly in Raleigh because that is where the highest concentration of IT jobs are in the State.

Do you have any advice for me? Do you have any relatives in NC or are you going there not knowing anyone? Any info on the type of house and the sticker price etc?

Anyway, a sincere good luck to you and your wife on your new move. May the good Lord help you to sell you NJ home soon. Good luck.
Smith,
Can't tell you anything about Charlotte and Raleigh.
Can tell you that my brother has lived in Calabash for the past three yrs. The wife and I know a couple others who have moved to NC and will be close by.
Not a requirement for me or her. Will be about 15 miles from my brother. Love him to death but really don't need to see him every other day.
I am finally retiring so can't say anything about jobs.
Plan to lay on my lazy rump.
As for homes.............you gotta absolutely go crazy on the computer.
Homegain.com is a good site.
Search the bigger realty companies sites.
The homes all look the same after awhile.
You have to set your goal on what you want. Beds/Baths/Fenced yard/garage/big or small lot etc.
We are limited (very) on income. We found a nice double wide mobile with a two car garage. No mobile home park. Private road. 120x120 lot. Only 8 years old. $149,000. Estimated property taxes are $900 a yr.
The wife loved it and that is all that matters to me.
I know to a lot of folks up here in the north trying to move south is employment. Can't help you there much either.
Calabash/Shallotte area is real close to Myrtle Beach area.
Lot of construction going on. The medical facilities are growing every day. Any person in the food business.....there are tons of jobs there. If a person is a waiter/waitress they gotta be able to land a job.
Sorry I can't help much about the bigger cities. I have had it with big cities and big taxes and big crime.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,625 times
i'm one of the members of whispring pines nudist resort. you won't meet a nicer bunch of poeple at this resort... we are most middle age..no funny business. we just like being ourselves with no badges..money ,clothes, cars, houses, jobs. we enjoy each each other. we have dances dinners and church on sunday morning. great self estine booster for women....check out our site. come visit when you get moved down. no we don't have hard bodies and we like ourselves just as god make us
dick

Old 05-02-2009, 05:55 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,730,375 times
Congratulations on your new home. I know you are excited. Good luck on your NJ home selling.

lln
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina