Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 09:54 PM

11 posts, read 36,947 times

Advertisements

Whistleblower 9: Computer Glitch Backs Up Unemployment Payments - News Story - WSOC Charlotte (http://www.wsoctv.com/news/22733066/detail.html - broken link)

Apparently NC strikes again - this time the unemployment benefits are being delayed. A computer glitch? Sounds a little too much like a pattern to me. I am willing to bet that if there was a computer glitch in their payroll department, or if they found that they did not have the budget for their 6-figure incomes, we would see a change in colors.

PLEASE PLEASE remember this gross negligence when elections come up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 07:20 AM

5 posts, read 24,454 times
Default Still waiting

This is absolutely ridiculous!!! How long do we have to wait? Why can't anyone give us some sort of time frame? We all should bombard the governors office with phone calls and emails. Maybe we can get some answers, but I doubt it.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:26 PM

46 posts, read 195,431 times
@ NC Hates Me, In order to speak with a representative you have to call a different number, 1-877-252-3052. When prompted, choose option 3 for Individual Income Tax. Then proceed to follow the remaining prompts.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinak2005 View Post
This is absolutely ridiculous!!! How long do we have to wait? Why can't anyone give us some sort of time frame? We all should bombard the governors office with phone calls and emails. Maybe we can get some answers, but I doubt it.
As of last week I started sending weekly letters to Kenneth Lay who is the Secretary for the NC Dept of Revenue (the person who is in authority), and I also CC Governor Bev Perdue's office on the letter. The purpose of me doing this is because I just want them to know that we are not going to just lay down and accept what the state is doing without complaining.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:52 PM

I have written two letters to the The NC Department of Revenue; I CC'd the Governor's office as well. Today I received a letter from the NC Dept of Revenue stating that the governor's office asked them to respond to my letters. All they did was copy and paste the statement that is on their website, "The state continues to feel the effects of the slow economy, and the department is managing the distribution of refunds as a result. We manage those distributions on a week-to-week basis, which means the department is unable to provide estimated timeframes when taxpayers will receive their refunds. We’re writing refund checks and issuing refunds electronically every week. Everyone who is due a refund will receive a refund." The last paragraph states this: "In addition, you will receive interest on a refund if the refund is not issued 45 days from April 15th, or from the date the return is filed, whichever is later." :/

Old 03-11-2010, 08:33 PM

3 posts, read 16,354 times
Hey fellas,I mentioned before that "my message" had changed this tuesday, my refund was deposited last night. I wish the best for you guys and God bless. Keep in mind November isnt too far away.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:16 PM

3 posts, read 11,065 times
Let's face it. This government does not represent the people anymore. I am going to get my "refund", which is money I overpaid to begin with as close to $0 next year as possible.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:20 PM

3 posts, read 11,065 times
I have spoken twice with a representative. Each time they will tell you the same story, which is that your return is being processed. They will not give you a deadline or even a ballpark figure of when you will get you money. There is not reason to talk to these people more than once because of this. Unfortunately, I am unemployment now. I do hope to come up with the money to pay my mortgage. It does not help being a single parent.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:49 AM

This morning I spoke with the person who signed the letter that I received from the Dept of Revenue. She told me that the state tries to pay people according to the time frame in which they filed. (I e-filed 1/15th) However, she told me that because a company made an error and tried to wrongfully claim my tax refund back in early February, my tax return went through what the Dept. calls a "vouchering process." The vouchering process cleared my name of owing the company any money, but at the same time it placed my tax return at a lower position to be processed (the end of February). She told me not to expect my refund for another few weeks. HAAA! Now, what kind of sense does this make?
Here are the facts: I e-filed on 1/15th. At the beginning of February, a company wrongfully tries to claim my tax refund due to a mix up of social security numbers. The mix up is cleared up within 1 day, but my tax return is pushed to the bottom because of a "process" that it must go through due to the error.
No, not acceptable. Go manually pull my return and complete the processing based on the date I filed, like you are supposed to. The error was not my fault, and it wasn't the Dept's either; however, they have the power and authority to process my return and not let it sit at a stand still.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:30 AM

5 posts, read 24,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor919 View Post
This morning I spoke with the person who signed the letter that I received from the Dept of Revenue. She told me that the state tries to pay people according to the time frame in which they filed. (I e-filed 1/15th) However, she told me that because a company made an error and tried to wrongfully claim my tax refund back in early February, my tax return went through what the Dept. calls a "vouchering process." The vouchering process cleared my name of owing the company any money, but at the same time it placed my tax return at a lower position to be processed (the end of February). She told me not to expect my refund for another few weeks. HAAA! Now, what kind of sense does this make?
Here are the facts: I e-filed on 1/15th. At the beginning of February, a company wrongfully tries to claim my tax refund due to a mix up of social security numbers. The mix up is cleared up within 1 day, but my tax return is pushed to the bottom because of a "process" that it must go through due to the error.
No, not acceptable. Go manually pull my return and complete the processing based on the date I filed, like you are supposed to. The error was not my fault, and it wasn't the Dept's either; however, they have the power and authority to process my return and not let it sit at a stand still.
At least you now have some kind of answer. I called yesterday and all I could get out them was "We can not provide a time frame because all returns are different".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina