Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2007, 04:41 PM

116 posts, read 512,847 times

Advertisements

any gated communities inNorth carolina i have 2 kids one is 12 and the other is 3 i have 2 girls ,just need a some type of gated community that may be a little safe,and Does North Carolina have any gated community villages
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 08:04 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,637,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynettam View Post
any gated communities inNorth carolina i have 2 kids one is 12 and the other is 3 i have 2 girls ,just need a some type of gated community that may be a little safe,and Does North Carolina have any gated community villages
Sure we do....but what is better is that in many areas you don't need to have a gated community to be safe.

NC is a large state.....what area are you looking at?

Old 06-10-2007, 03:55 PM

22 posts, read 69,535 times
Moving from NY. Need the best schools in Raleigh. What are the neighborhoods(subdivisions) to look into? I've been looking at:

Hillcrest Farm, Crescent Ridge, Thornburg Ridge, Barham Place, Greycliff, Forrest Ridge, Covington Ridge, Prestwicke, Wrenn Meadow, Dansforth, Bishops Grant, Leesville Hollow, Stone Ridge, Brandywine, Braeloch, Creekside@Stonegate, Bedford at Falls River, The Reserve at Umstead, Heritage-Midlands. Please help me narrow down. Any information is very much appreciated.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:55 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,637,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arob View Post
Moving from NY. Need the best schools in Raleigh. What are the neighborhoods(subdivisions) to look into? I've been looking at:

Hillcrest Farm, Crescent Ridge, Thornburg Ridge, Barham Place, Greycliff, Forrest Ridge, Covington Ridge, Prestwicke, Wrenn Meadow, Dansforth, Bishops Grant, Leesville Hollow, Stone Ridge, Brandywine, Braeloch, Creekside@Stonegate, Bedford at Falls River, The Reserve at Umstead, Heritage-Midlands. Please help me narrow down. Any information is very much appreciated.
You've hit most the the high points. You should ask this over at the Raleigh/Cary/Durham sub forum for more specific answers.

However, which one do you like the best? The nice thing about the Triangle is that there is not just one or even two answers to the questions 'Where is the best place to live'?

It's about what you want (historic home, new construction, golf/swim community, lots of acreage) and where you work for the commute.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:51 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,430,451 times
Gated communities should be outlawed. They are the anti-community that is turning everyone into scared little hermits peeking out of their blinds.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:51 PM

106 posts, read 470,866 times
I agree you don't need gated communities. The south is a little different.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:56 PM

21 posts, read 64,227 times
We don't need no stinking gates.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:02 PM

22 posts, read 69,535 times
I am looking for a new construction with a large property. I would love if there was a pool, park, golf, tennis etc. Any help with narrowing down further from the sub-divisions I listed ? Any news on the contractors? Bad and/or good.

Hillcrest Farm, Crescent Ridge, Thornburg Ridge, Barham Place, Greycliff, Forrest Ridge, Covington Ridge, Prestwicke, Wrenn Meadow, Dansforth, Bishops Grant, Leesville Hollow, Stone Ridge, Brandywine, Braeloch, Creekside@Stonegate, Bedford at Falls River, The Reserve at Umstead, Heritage-Midlands

Thanks!!!

Old 06-12-2007, 03:46 PM

150 posts, read 598,044 times
Do you have a list of what each of the communities you mentioned offer? What do you need? Clubhouse? Pool? Tennis? Where will you be working? I'll see what I can find on some of the builders.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:42 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,893,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Gated communities should be outlawed. They are the anti-community that is turning everyone into scared little hermits peeking out of their blinds.
Well, I guess you got your wish! Asheville banned gated communities today. Gated communities were supposedly turning Asheville into a "playground for the rich living behind walls." Well, no more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina