Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 06:49 AM

291 posts, read 1,781,715 times

Advertisements

I am in a similar boat to you. My closing is tomorrow and I don't have anywhere to live so we are buying a camper to live in for a while till we find a place. It is hard to find rentals with 5 dogs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 08:56 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,340,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frani704 View Post
I am planning a trip out there next weekend... I have been there several times, without luck finding a house that will allow pets
Plus I was uncertain about where I should actually live Washington vs, New Bern. Thank you for the real estate info about who does rentals. Hopefully I will have more luck in person than I will online.

(PS as for the "not taking the job"... are you kidding?? Why in the heck would I buy a house and then NOT be able to find a job??? LOL. ... )
I hope it works out for you - the area is wonderful. I think this weekend will be a good one - not as soggy.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:26 PM

6 posts, read 20,585 times
Thanks! Trying to think positively!

Old 06-17-2007, 08:28 PM

6 posts, read 20,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salatheel View Post
I am in a similar boat to you. My closing is tomorrow and I don't have anywhere to live so we are buying a camper to live in for a while till we find a place. It is hard to find rentals with 5 dogs!
Ouch! Good Luck.. hope things turn out well for you ... I actually thought about trying to rental a motor home ...but that would be too expensive for my management salary!

Old 06-18-2007, 11:19 AM

505 posts, read 2,542,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frani704 View Post
Well my job came through! Yippee! But now I have no where to live!! I am trying to do my search via the internet and that is nearly impossible!
I will be working in Little Washington for at least 6 months and then will be working in New Bern... so ... I was hoping for something between. Little did I know there is NOTHING in between.

I have contacted realtors in both locations, and either I get NO response, or I just get the curt "sorry can't help ya."
I am moving from the Hickory area with 3 dogs and a very geriatric cat. ALL are wonderfully well mannered. I even offered to pay additional non refundable deposits for my pets and still no go.

I might be living in a tent.. lol.. any campgrounds in Little Washington???

Seriously, I am really getting very stressed. I have to move in less than a month!!!!

This is really not a problem you know. The drive from New Bern to Washington is nothing. If you are going to be in New Bern eventually, just go on and move to New Bern. What I would do is start looking for houses now. If you can't find one you want, rent an apartment till you find the house you want.

Simple really

Old 06-18-2007, 09:06 PM

15 posts, read 57,359 times
It's funny to hear other people that are in the same situation that I am in. I recently accepted a job in the University area of Charlotte and have been eagerly looking for a place to stay that in a nice neighborhood. The only problem that I'm currently facing is knowing what neighborhood are the best neighborhoods to live in the Charlotte area so I can start my search. My first time visiting Charlotte was when I had my in person interview with my new employer which I immediately left for home after it was done. I originally thought about renting a three bed room apartment but decided to pursue buying a new house since I'm coming from a house and the apartment may be too small. We have recently been in contact with two restate agents that are very helpful and I will provide update and feedback from my experience which may help you too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina