Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2006, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,960 times

Advertisements

Very interested in Troy and Montgomery County. Any suggestions or help would be nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2006, 09:57 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Case
Very interested in Troy and Montgomery County. Any suggestions or help would be nice!
I lived in Mount Gilead for 7 years. Montgomery is very rural county with Troy being the largest town with a population of around 3,500. Lake Tillery and the Uwharrie National Forest are nice for recreation.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:20 AM

6 posts, read 15,774 times
Default Montgomery County? WHY ON EARTH!?$

I guess you could say we were bamboozled! I was loking for real estate here in Mount Gilead ,Montgomery county. Well, I was able to come down 1 time to view the area before purchasing. Things I were told ie" small town, no crime, good friendly people, etc." What a joke.
If I had to do it again trust me I wouldnt.
Only after moving to this poverty stricken county and town did I realize all these things. We have a lot of illegal immigrants living in Montgomery Coutny that draw income, insurance and food stamps off of our social services, not to mention the people who are not illegal immigrants, but just pathetic losers unwilling to get a job. Montgomery county is a failing county. It is poor , it is desolate and there is alot of crime and drugs. I live in Mount Gilead and there is a huge problem with burglary, and drugs. Its terrible. Then there is an on going loitering problem that no body seems to give a damn about. The police wont do anything, not that I have seen. There is a car wash here that has a huge loitering problem, but the police will sit across the street and watch and do nothing. The scumbags hang out there for a couple reasons the first being drug related, the second, they try to talk people into letting them wash their cars so they can make a few bucks. Well go pass a drug test and get a freakin job instead of harrassing people. This happens everyday. Its pathetic!The guy who owns the car wash does not employ these people,does not even know about these jerks, but they are making money off of his business. The worse part moreover is the fact it is still going on and it doesnt seem that an end is in the near future. When I first came here, I thought what a pretty little town. Well, I still think that about hte town: scenery, buildings, even the park. Its just the riff raff and scum bags that make it undesirable.
Property values have just plumetted because of this!
HELLO PEOPLE!!!!! LETS FIGURE SOMETHING OUT!

Last edited by crownfairy; 01-10-2007 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: needed to add

Old 01-10-2007, 01:57 PM

10 posts, read 79,505 times
I had a similar reaction to your post as crownfairy...why in the world are you interested in Montgomery Co?? I grew up in Stanly Co, the county on the west side of Montgomery and always thought that it was bad...but was at least thankful I wasn't in Montgomery. It is a beautiful county with the Uwharries, but I agree with the things crownfairy said about it. Only reason I might be interested in getting a home there is as a weekend home to be out in the scenery...but making sure I had no neighbors.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:51 PM

3 posts, read 10,424 times
Guess Im not the only one in Mount Gilead who feels like that. Doesnt seem like anything will change though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina