Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 10:23 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
The John Locke Foundation is not a reliable source of information.
Why is it not a reliable source of information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 10:39 AM

573 posts, read 2,442,820 times
In my original post I was simply stating the number of posts for NC is above all others. Just pointing out statistics. We are NOT trying to just follow the locusts. We are moving to this fine state because we really like it and want 4 seasons.

Everyone has different reasons for moving, we just want a change and are leaving FL for this reason. HERE WE COME, better prepare!

I guess some people in your state don't take likely to strangers, oh well, nothing I can do to help you...To each his own.

<<QUOTE>>
NC appears to be a winner when it comes to posts. But that's just posts. But it could also mean that there is more to gripe about. Who knows? The number is really not an indicator of how popular this state is in terms of relocation.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:48 AM

5,660 posts, read 27,002,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlove01 View Post
In my original post I was simply stating the number of posts for NC is above all others.The number is really not an indicator of how popular this state is in terms of relocation.
True. There's six other states that have a higher rate of growth than NC according to the Census Bureau.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:10 AM

620 posts, read 2,119,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel99 View Post
Not everyone shares your opinion.

P.S. "A lot" is 2 words.
And not everyone shares your opinion either.

Oh, and thanks for the correction. I probably forgot to hit the space bar, or maybe it is the fact that I got an EXCELLENT CMS education. Thanks North Carolina!!!

Old 06-15-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
You're right home grown companies like NCNB had nothing to do with it.
Yeeeeah, and those home grown companies merged with other companies and transferred a whole lot of people down here. By the way, the growth isn't a result of all home grown companies. Look at RTP. It must be hard to admit that a great deal of the economic prosperity of this state is due to relocation of other companies and people.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
The difference is that, unlike you, I did not state my opinion as fact. Oh, and I'm sure that you forgot to hit the space bar. That happens a lot.
It is called a TYPO. Judging by most of your posts in this thread, your obviously a very bitter person.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Call them mergers if it makes you feel better but if you knew the history of NCNB/NationsBank/BofA (and First Union/Wachovia for that matter) it you'd know that it grew through acquisition.

I am aware that all of NC's growth wasn't internal but NC certainly wasn't some backwater before "you" arrived either.
Whether it was a merger or an acquisition, it brought people from other parts of the country down here for work.

I never said NC was backwater, but it used to be pretty bad. I pretty much grew up here so I know first hand how it used to be. It is much more cosmopolitan now, and I know that irks people like you.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:21 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,079,383 times
My simple comment (followers/locusts/ ect.....) was mainly directed at the people that move to a certain location "just because everyone else is"...I am blown away by the numbers of these same people who ask the most personal questions of total strangers in an Internet forum...I.E.

Will I like ***fill in the city of choice****N.C. (who the heck knows? I also don't know if you'll like liver and onions either!!!!)

Will my kids find friends or like the schools (Ummm, do I know your kids? They may be the most charming creatures on earth or the most messed up....)

Should I move to N.C.? (geesh if asking absolute total strangers if you should alter your entire existence just because "everyone else is" doesn't make you a follower I don't know what does..

Sorry if I'm toe-stepping but it is my opinion....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina