Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 01:29 PM

18 posts, read 27,232 times

Advertisements

Hello all, my son (11) and I need to find a place to live in minot. We have all the funds we need for renting any such place. Its just that my credit score is not as good as they need in every place I've checked. Reason it is bad it from student loans that I have paid 7 thousand dollars on in the last few years. But still its no good.

I don't feel like throwing down 20 dollars every time for a credit check and not getting a refund. Does anybody know of a place that will go with just a background check, or even to go on pure honesty on my part. We currently live on my late grandfathers farm and grow ALOT of veggies there. We have lived on the farm for 5 years. And well as much as we would like to stay. Moving to the oil field is in our best interest. I worked in williston a while in a temp living situation, but nothing panned out for me to move my son up there.

So any help would be much appreciated. I am a sign painter, oil painter, have worked mostly in construction industry. 4 years of college in the arts. I'm a professional at what I do. Very honest down to earth person that works very hard. Just having no luck making the move.

We would even consider, renting a room in someones home if we could. We would be very helpful and very respectable of your home.

thanks again, and any help is great!

ray

Last edited by 111arcticcat; 08-16-2010 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: left something out of the title!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 06:06 AM

394 posts, read 1,169,473 times
Most places will take a co-signer.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111arcticcat View Post
Hello all, my son (11) and I need to find a place to live in minot. We have all the funds we need for renting any such place. Its just that my credit score is not as good as they need in every place I've checked. Reason it is bad it from student loans that I have paid 7 thousand dollars on in the last few years. But still its no good.

I don't feel like throwing down 20 dollars every time for a credit check and not getting a refund. Does anybody know of a place that will go with just a background check, or even to go on pure honesty on my part. We currently live on my late grandfathers farm and grow ALOT of veggies there. We have lived on the farm for 5 years. And well as much as we would like to stay. Moving to the oil field is in our best interest. I worked in williston a while in a temp living situation, but nothing panned out for me to move my son up there.

So any help would be much appreciated. I am a sign painter, oil painter, have worked mostly in construction industry. 4 years of college in the arts. I'm a professional at what I do. Very honest down to earth person that works very hard. Just having no luck making the move.

We would even consider, renting a room in someones home if we could. We would be very helpful and very respectable of your home.

thanks again, and any help is great!

ray
-------------
Ray:

How's it going? I was just wondering if you've ever found a decent place in Minot? I'm looking now too, but bad credit. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old 04-05-2017, 08:54 PM

8 posts, read 12,377 times
Not in minot but in williston I did. 450 a month for a one bedroom. Never even filled out a application. Turns out though that my credit wasn't all that bad. Only a thousand dollars left to pay on student loans. Idk anything about minot but you can rent at a motel for a month to get started without signing any lease. It was 600 a month last I checked. Thats cable tv, wifi, electric, water, and garbage included. Not to bad. Maybe some in minot are like that. Also check rooms for rent on craigslist. Lots of people rent out rooms in there place. Not all check credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota