Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 07:12 AM

2 posts, read 5,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbay View Post
Jamestown discriminates against anyone who isn't like them. If you have a mental illness, disability, your best to stay out of the town of Jamestown ND.

You obviously don't know diddly about Jamestown. This community STRONGLY supports the Anne Carlson Center, it's employees, and clients. A ton of money is raised locally for it, and accommodations are made at all most all buildings / venues in Jamestown.

I do live in Jamestown Corbay and work directly with Anne Carlson Center for Children. Remember our last mayor who had gone on TV and made comments about people who have mental illnesses? Hmmmmm, if you don't remember, i will be happy to show you the clips of his remarks that he had made on Public TV.

Jamestown is a dead end place and is falling apart. The city government doesn't let any new business into Jamestown to create jobs, thus leaving the young generation on moving out of Jamestown and settling somewhere else like Fargo, Bismarck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 07:40 AM

394 posts, read 1,169,006 times
The city government doesn't let any new business into Jamestown to create jobs.

Care to give an example? I mean be precise, not just a rumor you heard. Which part of city gov. did not allow them to come in (City Council, Mayor, City employees)?

As far as the former Mayor goes I am not sure of the exact quote statement you talk about, but Jamestown has carried the load of dealing with the state's mentally ill population for many years, a role I am sure no other city is going to line up to accept. I will leave it as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota