Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:44 AM

559 posts, read 1,465,826 times

Advertisements

I love going to haunted houses and they bring in a lot of money for this time of year...but I don't see any in North Dakota. Surely they have some? Minot? Bismarck? Anyone know anything about this?

Any info would be great, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 11:14 AM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etjaipleure View Post
I love going to haunted houses and they bring in a lot of money for this time of year...but I don't see any in North Dakota. Surely they have some? Minot? Bismarck? Anyone know anything about this?

Any info would be great, thanks!
There are very few.... I remembered there is something at Roosevelt zoo in Minot. I have never been....but heard about it a few years back from my wife's relatives in town. I looked it up and here is the event calendar, check under October. Boo at the Zoo Oct 28-31 in the evenings....and this one is not for young kids...

Roosevelt Park Zoo :: Zoo Events

Dan

Old 10-04-2010, 12:35 PM

I will check it out, thanks. Halloween is a really big deal for me and my friends and family back home and they are all talking about the houses they have already been to and haunted this and doing that but it seems to not be that big of a thing here in Minot or North Dakota in general. Very disappointing.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:26 PM

431 posts, read 1,605,418 times
don't forget about fort stevenson park. my son is going there for 2 days. Some schools have them.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:15 PM

5 posts, read 24,881 times
[SIZE=3]Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park[/SIZE]

Oct. 15-16: HAUNTED FORT. The event runs from 7 to 11 p.m. with a charge of $8 per person, which includes the park entrance fee.
Oct. 17: HALLOWEEN KIDS BASH: The event runs from 1 to 4 p.m. There is a charge of $3 per child and adults with children are admitted free.
Oct. 22-23:HAUNTED FORT. The event runs from 7 to 11 p.m. with a charge of $8 per person, which includes the park entrance fee.
Oct. 24: HALLOWEEN KIDS BASH: The event runs from 1 to 4 p.m. There is a charge of $3 per child and adults with children are admitted free.
Oct. 29-30: HAUNTED FORT. The event runs from 7 to 11 p.m. with a charge of $8 per person, which includes the park entrance fee.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 AM

These are all late October...I will be out of the state (YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!) from the 24th-30th. I was hoping to find something already open? I won't be able to go to anything next weekend either (and we don't have kids). Sad. I am going to Minneapolis so I guess I will just try to do stuff there after my conferences are done for the day. I'm used to big cities starting all kinds of stuff the last weekend of September that goes to the first weekend in November. I just thought Minot would have something but then again, it's Minot so I'm not sure what I expected. Thanks anyway!

Old 10-12-2010, 10:50 AM

454 posts, read 940,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etjaipleure View Post
These are all late October...I will be out of the state (YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!) from the 24th-30th. I was hoping to find something already open? I won't be able to go to anything next weekend either (and we don't have kids). Sad. I am going to Minneapolis so I guess I will just try to do stuff there after my conferences are done for the day. I'm used to big cities starting all kinds of stuff the last weekend of September that goes to the first weekend in November. I just thought Minot would have something but then again, it's Minot so I'm not sure what I expected. Thanks anyway!
I think maybe you should start a haunted house attraction for the Minot area. As was posted before, there is "Boo at the Zoo", but other than that I don't think there is any organized haunted attractions.

Years ago there was the haunted house sponsored by the Minot Jaycee's, there was the haunted island at Oak Park put on the Girl Scouts and there was also the Haunted Hatchery, anyone else remember those ?

I think you could make a few bucks doing a haunted house or something similar since there really isn't much along that line anywhere near Minot, except "Boo at the Zoo", which I have heard is pretty good.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:13 PM

Hmmm...ya know, that sounds like a really good idea and something I would actually enjoy doing! How would I even get something like that started? I will have to find out.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:27 AM

454 posts, read 940,020 times
etjaipleaure, I just heard that there will be a Haunted House put on by the Burlington Fire Dept. , I'm unsure of the dates (you may be out of town already by the time it starts), here is a link to the video about the Haunted House: October 18 Haunted House at Burlington Fire Department | KXNet.com North Dakota News (http://www.kxnet.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=650080 - broken link)

Old 10-22-2010, 02:02 PM

Oh thanks! I have heard of this but I think the dates go until I get back. I am definitely going to check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota