Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 10:58 PM

72 posts, read 142,303 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone I am a college student who got many offers to transfer to various colleges and one of them is UND. How is the Grand Forks area? Do any of you know anything about the college itself? Thanks everyone. Oh and by the way I'm from California but I think I can handle the winters...I've been stalking these forums for a while so I feel like I'm part North Dakotan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 01:18 AM

231 posts, read 736,689 times
If you've been reading these forums, then I'm sure you understand how hypocritical and shallow many of the people here are. For some reason, mentioning that you're from California or New York is enough to make many people think you are morally depraved and determined to destroy the fabric of society here.

On the topic of weather, there is nothing that can prepare you for what living here is like (except living someplace similar).

If you are looking to come to this part of the country, do yourself a favor and head to the University of Minnesota.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acfreema View Post
If you've been reading these forums, then I'm sure you understand how hypocritical and shallow many of the people here are. For some reason, mentioning that you're from California or New York is enough to make many people think you are morally depraved and determined to destroy the fabric of society here.

On the topic of weather, there is nothing that can prepare you for what living here is like (except living someplace similar).

If you are looking to come to this part of the country, do yourself a favor and head to the University of Minnesota.
I didn't apply to the University of Minnisota I'm not entirely morally deprived though , I'm from central Northern California which is a completely different atmosphere than SoCal and the Bay area. Most people seemed friendly, like yourself, so theres that Any more insights will be helpful, thank you and have a Happy Thanksgiving

Old 11-25-2010, 09:31 AM

438 posts, read 1,115,549 times
Hi, ManyStates! I moved here a few months ago from the Bay Area and so far am having no problem with winter weather. My place here is actually warmer inside than my drafty but expensive SF apartment.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbird View Post
Hi, ManyStates! I moved here a few months ago from the Bay Area and so far am having no problem with winter weather. My place here is actually warmer inside than my drafty but expensive SF apartment.
Thanks for replying. I can definitely handle SF weather so maybe I'll be equipped for North Dakota weather . What part of North Dakota did you move to since I read on here that the West is warmer than the East part of the state.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:19 PM

438 posts, read 1,115,549 times
I moved to Bismarck. It's not what I'd call warm. ;-)

BIS Weather Story Display

Old 11-26-2010, 05:43 AM

5 posts, read 24,897 times
riverbird if you find yourself in Bottineau there is a Chinese restaurant across from Wall Mart and the nice lady that owns it is from San Fransisco.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbird View Post
I moved to Bismarck. It's not what I'd call warm. ;-)

BIS Weather Story Display
Haha I'm not going to lie it was 29 degrees here yesterday and I was freezing But that was partly due to the fact that I was just standing in line at Target for Black Friday

Old 11-27-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberglof View Post
riverbird if you find yourself in Bottineau there is a Chinese restaurant across from Wall Mart and the nice lady that owns it is from San Fransisco.
Since you already posted in my thread..Do you have any insights you can share on North Dakota???

Old 11-29-2010, 05:30 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,006,048 times
Hi I have lived in the GF area for 12 years and work across from the university. I like Grand Forks....it is a college town, but not extremely so, meaning you have a good mix of college kids and home town folks. Winters here are what we are famous for it seems....in the coldest part of the state on average. UND has a very good reputation, esp in the medical field and in aerospace.

Any specific ? let me know.

Dan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota