Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 03:50 PM

4 posts, read 9,844 times

Advertisements

Hi I'am searching for info on my familiy that lived in Walhalla and or Neche ND in and before 1902. George & Harriet Greenwood came to Canada in 1902 they had the following children [I believe all born in ND] Alice, Bert, George, Olive, Richard, Mae & Robert. I am curently at a wall on George Greenwood born May 1857 unknow place or parents he married Harriet Waddington Hacksley Keeling her parents were Richard Keeling and Elizabeth Waddington Ingham, Elizabeth died July 1, 1898 in Walhalla I would love to know the cemetery! I would be greatful to find out any info on theses surnames or any suggestions on sights to find m/b/d certificates.
Stumped Kelly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 07:32 PM

99 posts, read 314,359 times
Default Message

I sent you a direct message.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:40 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,886,322 times
I suggest you post in "People Search" section here on City Data. There are experts there that track family's, people, and information. They are probably much better and finding info for you.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:14 PM

4 posts, read 9,844 times
Thank you ElkHunter I will do that, i'am new to this did not know that was on this forum

Old 07-24-2012, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellypac View Post
Hi I'am searching for info on my familiy that lived in Walhalla and or Neche ND in and before 1902. George & Harriet Greenwood came to Canada in 1902 they had the following children [I believe all born in ND] Alice, Bert, George, Olive, Richard, Mae & Robert. I am curently at a wall on George Greenwood born May 1857 unknow place or parents he married Harriet Waddington Hacksley Keeling her parents were Richard Keeling and Elizabeth Waddington Ingham, Elizabeth died July 1, 1898 in Walhalla I would love to know the cemetery! I would be greatful to find out any info on theses surnames or any suggestions on sights to find m/b/d certificates.
Stumped Kelly
Kelly,

When I was unable to find great grandparents in that area they were on the 'half breed' census. They had normal names and were wealthy with servants and I was surprised. They lived there at the same time - things were not so pc then.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:38 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,812,036 times
The family is in Neche on the 1900 census found at www.familysearch.org

George born Canada
Harriet born England
Six children all born ND
Ernest
Albert
May
Olive
George
Richard

Harriet states she has given birth to 9 children, 6 are living

George and Harriet state they arrived in the U.S. in 1881, and George is naturalized. In that time period the citizenship status of the husband was bestowed upon the wife, so Harriet would not have naturalization papers of her own.

George's occupation is Livery Stable.

You can see the census page at the above URL for more data.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:58 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,812,036 times
Found at www.familysearch.org
George, Harriet and sons Richard and Robert appear on the 1916 Canadian census in Manitoba.

Found at Province of Manitoba | Database Searches
Harriet GREENWOOD, age 74, passed on in South Norfolk on Aug. 17, 1932

Database includes deaths that occurred more than 70 years ago.

You can order a copy of the death certificate at the above URL. It should give the name of the cemetery. U.S. death certs do list name of cemetery, so I'm assuming Canadian ones do also.

It is possible you will find George with Harriet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota