Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 05:41 PM

512 posts, read 1,179,499 times

Advertisements

I am moving to cental ND soon and I am an addicted angler. How is fishing like in ND, are there many pike, walleye, muskie or trout in your waters? And maybe sturgeons? From what I know there are some alkaline lakes in ND, what does it mean, are they good for fishing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 08:18 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,969,493 times
I advise you to check out Devils Lake it is a fishing paradise.....and attracts fishermen from all over. Also there are lakes all along the Missouri as well. I dont fish myself so unfamiliar with the type of fish in them. We do camp at Woodland Resort at Devils Lake and that is a favorite place for boaters to lauch and go out into the lake. Ice Fishing is popular too. Just search Devils Lake and fishing and you will get tons of info.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,349,479 times
Fishing up here is great! Of course, I come from Utah where it's awful, but when I got up here I was amazed out how good the fishing is. We haven't been to Devils Lake, we just fish out of the Missouri or near the gun range in Williston. They have a paddlefish season, but we didn't participate this year. In the spring there's so many Northern Pike that (from my experience) you just catch one after another. As time progressed we noticed that we were catching a lot more trout and bass, even a couple catfish.

If you're in eastern ND definitely check out Devils Lake, though. If you're in western ND you can check out Lake Sakakawea. Honestly, though, I'd check out both. My husband and I want to make a trip to Devils Lake for the fishing and it's just a matter of actually finding time to go to Lake Sakakawea.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:38 PM

454 posts, read 938,065 times
Talk Forums: FishingBuddy.com - North Dakota Hunting, Fishing and Outdoor Sports

Pretty much anything fishing related can be found here, plus more.

Welcome to N.D. moskiter!

Old 01-09-2011, 08:47 AM

512 posts, read 1,179,499 times
Thanks everybody. Norsk/Deutsch/Polska many thanks for the link - I have a good lecture for today, BTW are you from Polska like me?

Old 01-13-2011, 05:08 PM

454 posts, read 938,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post
Thanks everybody. Norsk/Deutsch/Polska many thanks for the link - I have a good lecture for today, BTW are you from Polska like me?
YW moskiter.

I am not directly from Poland, my maternal Great Grandma was tho.

Tried any ice fishing yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota