Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 27,175 times

Advertisements

I've been told that there are lot's of driving jobs for Owner/Operators in the oil fields? Is this true? Where would I look for work? Or do I just become a company driver? Can anyone help me please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 04:55 AM

155 posts, read 421,145 times
Good question, how do you get hooked up with a company? If it's really easy I'd go out and buy a truck asap as they make some serious money.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:50 AM

431 posts, read 1,605,644 times
There are lot of CDL drivers needed. First check with Job Service North Dakota. Magnum Trucking was 12 drivers short not to long ago. Also, check Minot Daily News.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 26,396 times
How old of a truck can you lease on with? Say with Missouri basin or power fuels or others if that you know of. What will it cost to get started with one of them? Looking to get a truck and want to know what costs I will incur starting up. Thanks

Old 08-15-2011, 06:54 PM

477 posts, read 1,506,395 times
I can't help with start up costs on the trucking part, but www.Indeed.com is another site that lists jobs for this area, quite a few companies post on there.

Wolf Oilfield Services is looking for a bunch of drivers...3 weeks on, 1 week off, $200 per-diem per month. I am assuming they have the trucks.

Go to http://www.theshopperinc.net/ and they have a pretty good help wanted section.

Idk, maybe starting with a company first would get the paycheck rolling in and in the mean time you could research all the particulars of being an owner/operator? I'm sure insurance would be higher around this area anyways.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:34 AM

142 posts, read 417,346 times
I just got back to WI yesterday from Watford City, ND. There are TONS of trucking jobs out there. Hubby has been driving for nearly 15 months there and LOVES it. Last week he made nearly 3 grand! The roads are busy and driving in the winter is a challenge and housing is an issue but the jobs are there and the money is great. Many times it's not how much experience you have that gets you the job but if you have housing. Many people are in campers.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:18 PM

4 posts, read 35,922 times
Hi Julie - just saw that your hubby is a happy camper there and my fiance is seriously considering the move. I've seen that housing is minimal - could you give me any insight as to what company your husband works for and base pay, benefits, hours, etc.?

I'm hoping it would be beneficial but I've seen that owner/operators are into the big bucks and drivers are up to about 120k - he's at 85k or so in Central, Illinois, so I'm just kind of on the fence!

Any info is greatly apprecitated!

Old 09-09-2011, 07:05 AM

142 posts, read 417,346 times
Trixie, with an income of 85K I would be apt to stay where you are. In this economy, that is quite good! Housing is such an issue out there. Food, fuel and everday goods are costly. A gallon of Land O Lakes milk is over 7 dollars. Then there is the winter weather, the dust in the summer and the wind year round.
My husband works a 6 on 1 off for 3 weeks (usually a 70 hour work week) and then has 8 days off. As far as pay, it's a mix of hourly and commission for the product hauled. Good medical benefits, a good 401K match, holiday pay, sick pay, quarterly safety bonus....the usual.
Many of the drivers are there because of job loss or down sizing with their former employer due to the bad economy.
There is alot of good information to be read on these posts. It's a great source. I hope you found this helpful.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 24,813 times
I own a trucking company in Illinois and was looking to get some info on putting trucks on and hopefully opening a terminal. Does anyone know where i shouls start.
Thanks,
Joe

Old 10-20-2011, 09:40 PM

581 posts, read 2,214,999 times
Start where everyone else did. Knocking on doors. You and half the country have the idea to bring trucks to ND. Just find parking spots before you bring them. The city is ticketing trucks that park in town. The truckstops are full.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota