Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 AM

249 posts, read 643,951 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

Great info from everyone... Thank you all... Just wanted some reliable info. and suggestions on the following:

Stats.....

Hard worker and dedicated... worked construction on and off for some time... Can deal with the extreme cold

Management Degree... Marketing Degree and Information Technology Degree... but willing to start at the bottom in the oilfields... Roughneck, etc.

Clean driving record.... No arrests...EVER... No drugs or alcohol...

Studying for my CDL permit... Will test for it next week.

Questions:..........................

1. Will my age be a BIG factor... or.. the shape I'm in (which is good)?

2. I have applied.. online... but NO responses... Baker Hughes, Hess, Schlumberegr, Halliburton etc.... no call backs.. no contact to follow up on.. any suggestions??

3. Want to come up within the next couple of weeks to start applying locally.. Is this the BEST option?

4. For someone willing to put in the work and obtain additional certifications, H2S, CPR, etc. and all the training courses available... How quickly can one move up the chain?

5. How good are the Staffing Agencies? SOS... Colorado Smart Staff... Will they work with people who are presently out of State but will come up, at a moment's notice, for the job??

6. Do "Man-Camps" lease to individuals..or just companies?

ALSO... any info on Bottineau County.. hear they might be the next big find???

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 08:14 AM

18,700 posts, read 41,895,353 times
1. Will my age be a BIG factor... or.. the shape I'm in (which is good)?

A: Yes, in some cases. Depending what job you are looking at, some will hire young because they are looking to fill a position that requires long, hard hours. In other cases, they're looking for reliability and would look for somebody over 40.

2. I have applied.. online... but NO responses... Baker Hughes, Hess, Schlumberegr, Halliburton etc.... no call backs.. no contact to follow up on.. any suggestions??

Door to door is your best chance unless you have a unique specialty. Also, if they have your resume on file, it's better.

3. Want to come up within the next couple of weeks to start applying locally.. Is this the BEST option?

Yes. Internet is the best to find out about a company and what position you'll need to fill. But apply locally, not on-line. (there's been no stories of success, using on-lin. Lot's of reports of being hired in a day or two, going online.

4. For someone willing to put in the work and obtain additional certifications, H2S, CPR, etc. and all the training courses available... How quickly can one move up the chain?

I'll pass question on to others. Several of my neighbors went up, got work immediately, but I have no idea of advancement.

5. How good are the Staffing Agencies? SOS... Colorado Smart Staff... Will they work with people who are presently out of State but will come up, at a moment's notice, for the job??

again, I'll pass on this question because I have no data to give you. I would be basing it on 3 or 4 neighbors that went up and started immediately.

6. Do "Man-Camps" lease to individuals..or just companies?

From what I understand, a company puts in the man camp. At least the ones that my neighbor told me about. Man camp is for that company only. Others may have good data for you.

ALSO... any info on Bottineau County.. hear they might be the next big find???

Sorry, no data for you.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance..

Old 10-07-2011, 06:48 PM

249 posts, read 643,951 times
Thanks... elkhunter for the tips
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota