Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 04:46 PM

89 posts, read 166,880 times

Advertisements

Ive been thinking, commercial cleaning service, tax office, another temp company, taxi's, being a middle man for the lumber companies, starting a trucking company,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 05:57 PM

84 posts, read 186,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer2122 View Post
Broncogirl - Do they only have liquor licenses... or do they allow a separate "beer and wine" license like they do here in the FLA...??

Thinking maybe beer and wine could make a go of it.... make enough to buy that liquor license...LOL
Here in Kansas we have "Juice Bars" which don't serve alcohol of any kind. And then we have some clubs that are designed around people bringing their own booze into the club but I think they may be a membership sort of basis.

These may be alternatives, maybe not.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:20 PM

20 posts, read 56,528 times
Post 'big ma ma's soul food cafe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey831831 View Post
I'm thinking you didn't mean a chain style homestyle country cooking but Cracker Barrel would probably do well. I love their Chicken Fried Chicken with Cream Gravy and Mashed Taters. Yuuuummmmmmyyy!
OMG yes!!!! Chicken fried Chicken, white sawmill gravy, mac-n-cheese, mashed potatoes, and dinner biscuits!!

No not a chain style, but really close to a knock off when it comes to the menu......lol. Call it "_____ Country Kitchen(or Cafe). the blank being a southern state of chose.

Texas Country Kitchen
Big MaMa's Kitchen
Auntie Lillie's Chicken-n-Biscuits
Dixie Dinner
Paw Paw's Sunday Dinner (Paw Paw's)

even catering to the man camps might do well.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:28 PM

581 posts, read 2,212,427 times
This Bozeman,MT couple bought a basically abandoned service shop on a very busy corner on Main Street in downtown Williston. We'll now it looks like 2 businesses in one spot. Sandwich shop on one side and 3 amigos on the other. Great idea. I heard they are making 3000 boxed lunches per day for Halliburton alone.

Bakken Boom: Montana entrepreneurs heading to North Dakota | KTVQ.com | Q2 | Billings, Montana

If you have an idea for a business NOW is the time to try it in Williston.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:56 PM

249 posts, read 644,167 times
I was talking to my Fiance about a sandwich delivery shop just a week before I saw the opening of the sandwich shop....DOH!!!!

Old 11-13-2011, 07:16 PM

89 posts, read 166,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
This Bozeman,MT couple bought a basically abandoned service shop on a very busy corner on Main Street in downtown Williston. We'll now it looks like 2 businesses in one spot. Sandwich shop on one side and 3 amigos on the other. Great idea. I heard they are making 3000 boxed lunches per day for Halliburton alone.

Bakken Boom: Montana entrepreneurs heading to North Dakota | KTVQ.com | Q2 | Billings, Montana

If you have an idea for a business NOW is the time to try it in Williston.
I agree, perfect time to test stuff out. I can't imagine it will cost much to advertise for it, the shopper is cheap.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:54 PM

84 posts, read 186,143 times
Quote:
I was talking to my Fiance about a sandwich delivery shop just a week before I saw the opening of the sandwich shop....DOH!!!!

I would have to think that if you're making some good food you'll do good with so many hungry men around.

Living in Kansas City I'm a BBQ fan and I was telling the wife we could do a walk up BBQ stand with rib slabs, chopped pork butt, coleslaw, corn nuggets and some homeade pies and clean up. The smoker full of meat putting out that sweet hickory/apple wood aroma pulling the customers in from several blocks around. Wooo Heee!

Old 11-13-2011, 09:12 PM

941 posts, read 1,908,092 times
If it were me I would do a luich truck and sell burritos and tacos, they do very well for working guys and easy to eat...also overhead for mexican food is not high. Actually I think someone from here is there doing that, lol....

Old 11-14-2011, 10:28 AM

581 posts, read 2,212,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey831831 View Post
I would have to think that if you're making some good food you'll do good with so many hungry men around.

Living in Kansas City I'm a BBQ fan and I was telling the wife we could do a walk up BBQ stand with rib slabs, chopped pork butt, coleslaw, corn nuggets and some homeade pies and clean up. The smoker full of meat putting out that sweet hickory/apple wood aroma pulling the customers in from several blocks around. Wooo Heee!

There are already BBQ and burrito stands all over Williston. The city says they have to be one mile outside of the city limits but that just so happens to be the perfect place for the truckers to get fed. I saw two stands that are still running as of yesterday at it's gonna be 20 above this weekend. Die hards!!

Old 11-15-2011, 03:28 PM

477 posts, read 1,504,533 times
Quote:
Broncogirl - Do they only have liquor licenses... or do they allow a separate "beer and wine" license like they do here in the FLA...??

Thinking maybe beer and wine could make a go of it.... make enough to buy that liquor license...LOL
I am sure they only have liquor licenses. There was one for sale last winter, I can't remember for sure, but I think it was around 200,000 that they wanted for it, but it was a mobile license for doing catering and such.

However, I am not quite clear exactly what is legal with the licenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota