Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 04:23 PM

8 posts, read 19,927 times

Advertisements

We live in florida & would like to find work in North Dakota. We have 2 tractors of our own, how would we go about working as owner-operator?, and also how to find affordable housing, we can't live in the truck for long. Would really appreciate some kind of contacts.Thank you

Last edited by Bo; 11-03-2011 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: Moved from San Antonio forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 05:53 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
I'd suggest you read through the threads. Both of your questions have been answered numerous times.

There is no housing in the oil patch. What rare occasions that a house or an apartment does open up, your looking at $2000 a month for a small 2 bedroom apartment.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:56 PM

8 posts, read 19,927 times
Thanks for your reply, however i did nor read through the threads & i will do so. Apts are rather expensive, that's paying for my mortgage a 2nd time, but if the work is right then it should be ok

Old 11-05-2011, 09:03 AM

431 posts, read 1,606,084 times
You may want to start at Job Service North Dakota . A lot of what I have heard is the companies want to talk to you in person. In Minot, we have HESS, Haliburton, Power Fuels, Magnum Trucking (this could work for you), and Baker Hughes. This is not counting the smaller companies that I know need drivers. Before you come, make sure you have hotel reservations. it is tight.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:11 AM

581 posts, read 2,215,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccity View Post
You may want to start at Job Service North Dakota . A lot of what I have heard is the companies want to talk to you in person. In Minot, we have HESS, Haliburton, Power Fuels, Magnum Trucking (this could work for you), and Baker Hughes. This is not counting the smaller companies that I know need drivers. Before you come, make sure you have hotel reservations. it is tight.
They are looking to be owner operators. None of the companies mentioned above hire owner ops. I'd say being on owner operator from FLA with winter setting in ND is a long shot. Not many companies willing to take that risk. I sure wouldn't.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:29 AM

16 posts, read 32,875 times
Has anybody ever got a call back from Halliburton after applying online?

Old 11-05-2011, 11:13 AM

40 posts, read 83,214 times
Same here, applied there but havent heard back. Are they one of the companies that would rather have you just apply online?

Old 11-05-2011, 12:22 PM

88 posts, read 220,170 times
I think it depends upon which Halliburton that you apply to, although I could be mistaken. I guy sent me a PM letting me know that he had just landed a job with Halliburton, but not in ND. He had just finished with getting his CDL and he got hired on in Texas. He lives in Seattle, I think. I never asked him. Anywho, maybe there is somewhere on the application where you can write that you are willing to relocate. Maybe you put that on the cover letter/resume. Not sure, it could also be that it takes awhile for them to go through all of the applications. The first time that he wrote to me was a few weeks ago.

I say you keep sending them in! Also try Weatherford and Baker Hughes, along with each of their subsidiary companies.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:30 PM

40 posts, read 83,214 times
Yes there is a question on the application for halliburton that asks if your willing to relocate.
I apllied for the Operator Assistant 1 Frac/Acid.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:21 PM

249 posts, read 645,329 times
Yeah... try to get hired elsewhere and put in for a transfer to ND.... if no success in ND... get that foot in the door!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
View detailed profiles of: