Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:22 AM

941 posts, read 1,914,256 times

Advertisements

Shagking is right, anyone can go home. People are lucky to be able to do that where I lived in Alaska it was not that easy to go home as it was a island. The thing about the weather, when someone gets frostbite it is a exception which means it happens to some but not always. My husband use to fish in the bering sea abd he fell in the water in the winter time . I know more guys who have fallen in the water and lived than died(with respect to a good friend who did die). Even with my husbands experience in cold weather I still feel nervous for him in ND working outside. But it is a risk he is willing to take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 12:32 AM

325 posts, read 863,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
Shagking is right, anyone can go home. People are lucky to be able to do that where I lived in Alaska it was not that easy to go home as it was a island. The thing about the weather, when someone gets frostbite it is a exception which means it happens to some but not always. My husband use to fish in the bering sea abd he fell in the water in the winter time . I know more guys who have fallen in the water and lived than died(with respect to a good friend who did die). Even with my husbands experience in cold weather I still feel nervous for him in ND working outside. But it is a risk he is willing to take.
I used to feel for all the immigrants I used to see working out in the Moscow cold (Russia) as I was leaving my flat each day. Now I guess I will be joining them.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:46 AM

941 posts, read 1,914,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by internationalman View Post
I used to feel for all the immigrants I used to see working out in the Moscow cold (Russia) as I was leaving my flat each day. Now I guess I will be joining them.
omg me too, lol.....I was just thinking right now about a friend I had who was sleeping in his van for years. I use to feel bad for him even though I knew he was cheap and didn't want to pay rent, lol.....He made a lot of money too but was waiting for a lower priced room and I use to look for him everywhere but could never find him, and I was a taxi driver on a island working overnight. Now I wish I could call him for advice, lol

Old 11-10-2011, 04:11 PM

55 posts, read 123,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubC View Post
Thax guys, ill just buy boots then, and wait to see what happens with the job! Purofort Thermo+ safety | Dunlop Boots Anyone wear these!!

I just bought these aswell as some thermotec thermals and some trigger finger mittens off of ebay,,,so I'll let you know when they arrive in a coupla weeks......

Anyone received any yet.....?

Mike

Old 11-10-2011, 08:28 PM

25 posts, read 41,581 times
animal.chaser where did you get your boots from? I am having a hard time finding a lot of resellers online.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:14 PM

55 posts, read 123,403 times
Ebay,only one seller....

Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 PM

287 posts, read 688,646 times
only ebay????

Dunlop Purofort Thermo+ Orange Boot PB661 343 - Durawear.com

Old 11-11-2011, 06:45 AM

79 posts, read 193,991 times
Someone tell me where to find Boots but not just any Boots I am going to need some fullgrown Boots size 15 Wide.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:29 AM

62 posts, read 123,158 times
Army surplus stores are great for things like wool glove liners, and thick wool socks, sure makes a big difference when standing for long hours on frozen ground.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:41 AM

79 posts, read 193,991 times
How about an opinion on these, Servus Cold Weather -50(F) Insulated Steel Toe Pac Boots Omark Safety Equipment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota