Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 12:29 AM

8 posts, read 21,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGFX View Post
Congrats! I'm assuming HB offered you an "equipment operator" position then? Please keep us posted with your training and housing, etc... I don't know what others think but $16.50 in TX is much better than $20/hr in Williston, considering the weather, housing, and living expenses. Maybe us dream chasers should look for oilfield jobs in TX rather than ND.

We had several people who were given jobs up in ND. They were going to get paid the $21 hour and being flown back and forth 3 weeks on and 2 weeks off. ...but at this time of the year its just not worth it. At least down here it doesnt get that cold and we will be working anywhere from 50-100 hours weekly 2 weeks on and 1 week off so its not bad. We will make at least 60-80k depends on the work. So I will keep posted on the next few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 10:19 AM

112 posts, read 316,480 times
I had also been looking at TX, but hard to find info about pay and where they are hiring with no exp. But this is encouraging. Where in TX are you?

Old 11-30-2011, 11:37 AM

Ok..it turns out my pay was a typo and I am starting like the rest at $15.50 an hour. They will be providing housing and per diem at $35 a day for meals. Transportation to and from where you live will be paid for. If you fly in the will pay for your flights and the fare to and from your home from the airport. We have had our start date postponed due to the fact thhere was some miscommunication of the housing arrangements. So we are pending to start on the 5th od Dec. maybe even later due the housing. I am wasy down in Deep South Texas in the Rio Grande Valley area. Its near South Padre Island/Brownsville areas. We will be working in a town about 2 hours north of hear called Alice here in Texas. So apply on-line or go to one of the job fairs and ask them about jobs in Texas. There are several locations from what I understand across Texas. (Odessa, San Antonio, Alice, Houston and maybe more.) I hope I have answered your questions. I will keep posted any info that I get and come across.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:46 AM

Thanks, much appreciated! Finding out when and where the job fairs are can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. If anyone has any tips on where to find them, that would be great! I live in NE Alabama and the closest ones I have seen were the one in Lakeland FL and then I saw one coming up for Dec 1st in Tyler TX. Missed the one in FL, would like to make the one in Tyler but not sure I will be able to make that date.

Thanks again for the great info, it gives us still in the search mode some hope!

Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 PM

2,036 posts, read 1,603,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredn922 View Post
I am also waiting for my paperwork to come in, as well.
Have any of you that got hired received your paperwork yet? How is it going with starting the job!

Old 12-02-2011, 07:58 PM

We are starting on Monday the 5th. But have ran into some snags as far as what they offered us at the job fdair. So we report on Monday and hope to iron out some of these issues.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,775 times
I accepted a job offer in dickinson, nd. I have received my new hire packet, and have mailed it back. I have been waiting to hear back from Baker for almost 3 weeks and have not gotten a email or a phone call. Does anybody have any info on what's going on?

Last edited by bukii22; 12-02-2011 at 11:36 PM..

Old 12-07-2011, 08:36 AM

5 posts, read 20,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukii22 View Post
I accepted a job offer in dickinson, nd. I have received my new hire packet, and have mailed it back. I have been waiting to hear back from Baker for almost 3 weeks and have not gotten a email or a phone call. Does anybody have any info on what's going on?
Hello everyone.
I went to the job fair in Miami a few weeks ago, Also received job offer(I picked ND, because pay was a little more,and 3wks on 2 off sounded better) and new hire pack. Waiting going on 3 weeks now. They told me because of all the apps they were going thru it would probably be at least 3-4 weeks before I heard anything. I really don't expect to hearing anything before the first of the year.

It seems very surreal....it was a real job offer and I did receive the hire pack, but I wont believe it until I'm on a plane to ND. I have no experience and no CDL, but they still gave me the job offer. It seems like a numbers game they are playing knowing they will only hire a certain amount ...any thoughts?

Old 12-07-2011, 09:15 AM

buy_10,
Sounds like there was quite a few that got hired at Baker Hughes job fairs, congrats! I don't have any oil field experience either nor a CDL but do have 20+ construction, so I am still applying. Have not been lucky enough to go to job fair but keep looking for one a little closer to me here in NE AL.

What position did you get? And are they going to fly you back and forth on your 2 wks off? Thanks!

Old 12-07-2011, 09:40 AM

5 posts, read 20,331 times
I got offered the pressure pumper Operator position. 3wks on 2wks off. and according to the power point presentation they would pay for travel back and forth,housing,and per diem. my experience is in the financial services industry. no oil or CDL experience, The recruiter who was wearing a BH logo assured me this offer was for real. He said they like to see a college degree on the application. I have sent back the hire packet and am now it waiting mode. I am just a little skeptical about the process. I will post anything I hear and will follow this thread closely. its the first "real" information I have found regarding this position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota