Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 04:39 AM

249 posts, read 645,349 times

Advertisements

Way to go Jim!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 06:32 AM

8 posts, read 53,723 times
Default floor hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer2122 View Post
I'm looking on the floorhand/rig side
Look in Sidney mt I've seen adds their.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:13 PM

112 posts, read 316,524 times
Realize I am a couple of weeks behind but thanks for the update hatehumidity! I am heading out for TX next week and your post really helped about the paperwork I needed to be sure an have with me. Had not thought about the checks for the direct deposit, (need to think positive). Keep us posted on how it goes once you actually get started.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:32 AM

80 posts, read 272,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatehumidity View Post
Update!!

Well after 3 weeks still nothing. Well the third week was around Thanksgiving so I figured things would have slowed up in the processing at HR so I waited until the start of the fourth week to call HR. Well they told me I should receive a confirmation and start date soon...Guess what received a phone call the next day telling me my start date and welcome aboard and asked me to send in my paperwork? I told the HR rep that was done three weeks ago at least and they said well maybe it's in the mailroom due to the holidays of which was what I expected..so I was informed that my packet would be looked for(so now I am nervous and would hate to start all over) I was sent a email the next day saying welcome aboard and my information and start date confirmed for Jan 23!!!So cool. Now have to get (mad)? money for 3 wks per the email and Business casual clothing(orientation)(New Hire Training 3 wks?) and warm cold weather clothing (long johns,etc) and boots(steel toe) or Composite toe? minimum 600 g insulated? have to look that up. Voided check and two forms of ID for the Direct Deposit(not Voluntary? have to ask about that)I know its cheaper for the payroll in the end. bring SS and BC documents. If CDL training involved length of stay will be 8 weeks long straight from start dates. Each person will have a bedroom? Hotel Room? Well guys, this most likely is the reason they are running behind(holidays) besides the size of hirings that they are doing. I think due to the over consuming detail that goes into hiring people, that they are doing a great job in hiring.Hope this helps you all in the process. This applies to all the big companies and the small one's not so much. peace. jim
Will you be receiving CDL training at this new job?

Old 12-31-2011, 10:35 AM

3 posts, read 5,984 times
Default Baker H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukii22 View Post
I accepted a job offer in dickinson, nd. I have received my new hire packet, and have mailed it back. I have been waiting to hear back from Baker for almost 3 weeks and have not gotten a email or a phone call. Does anybody have any info on what's going on?
Hey man because of the Holidays it is taking longer I went to the November 2 job fair i recieved my start date first week in December for feb. 6

Old 12-31-2011, 10:39 AM

Do anyone know what the training will be like in Dick. ND

Old 12-31-2011, 11:16 AM

Is there anyone in Colorado Springs have a start date for Feb. 6 For Dick. ND

Old 09-28-2012, 04:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,627 times
I just had a phone interview with a recruiter fom Baker Hughes. I filled out my application in late Aug. for shipping/receiving for the Dickinson,N.D. What are the next steps. I was told the hiring mgr. is very interested. I live in central Florida.What is company physical. How long before actual job offfer,housing,etc. Any info. would be very helpful. Thank You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota