Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2011, 08:59 AM

12 posts, read 30,649 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I am looking to come up to Bakken and work but i have a few questions? I currently have a Lawn mower shop and have had it for 21 years/long hours working out doors/heavy lifting/repairing/sales and parts/alot od training on all small engines and hydraulic systems/ztr mowers and 2 cycle engines.I also had an extensive career in USAF flight engineer and aircraft mechanic/ FAA A&P/ also college grad University of Georgia archaeologist/geology. What kind of jobs do they have for a man that can do just about anything and does not mind hard work or long hours and can get along with people and a good team of workers? Im not worried about pay I know I am a good asset for a good company but which one? Cold weather does not bother me I have been all over tyhe world and my ex was from Kiev Ukraine. I also have camper and truck and know how to make it comfortable. i applied on line but like the threads say no responce. maybe you all know some more information. Thanks Art
Oh I forgot to add I also have skidsteer loaders and farm tractors and always worked on this type of equipment also

Last edited by art53; 11-19-2011 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: adding some info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 10:54 AM

394 posts, read 1,169,568 times
You could probably do quite nicely opening your own small engine shop up here. Usually a months + wait for most of them, and I am East of the patch.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:06 AM

231 posts, read 873,113 times
You should be in Fargo right now. There is an insane amount of snowblowers waiting to be tuned up, they are stacked up outside repair shops because there is no more room inside.

Also this in Dickinson: (no place to live however)

https://www.ndworkforceconnection.co...epair&site=VOS

Old 11-19-2011, 12:34 PM

WOW!!!! all of that work just lying around !!!! my customers would walk if I take over 1 1/2 weeks on their equipment! unfortunate for you hard working people there sounds like no service. But there probably is no shops to rent either! ha! maybe mobile service would work there,interesting idea.
thanks Art

Old 11-19-2011, 01:01 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,188 times
I DM'd you about some work that I know of. Small engines are used in oilfield ops and techs are greatly needed.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:15 PM

98 posts, read 208,077 times
If you can repair small gas or diesel generators, you'll probably get a lot of worker offers.I would suggest contacting The Wood Group, as they work on various types of equipment, including generators. You'll find information on their web site.

I would also suggest that you contact the various heavy equipment repair shops around the area and send them your resume. They might be interested in someone with your experience.

If you think that you can wait, you may apply with the Cities of Williston or Dickinson or even Williams County or the State of North Dakota. They are probably short of skilled workers as many have almost certainly left to work in the oil fields. A civil service position might allow you to get an even better view of the opportunities in the area.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:46 PM

21 posts, read 31,107 times
I wish I could get up there, I can work on small engines as well as motorcycles.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:13 AM

Thanks everyone for your help I see that there is a great need for good power equipment mechanics all over the Bakken, good old ethanol!!!! Ha!that is my job security, nothing will start or run very long with this fuel and there is nothing that you can do. So I believe I would have the best future there, plenty of work to do. And in my own speciality thats very cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota