Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 07:04 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,075,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl View Post
Not anymore! Let me just put it this way...it took me a normal drive of 45 minutes this summer a drive of over 2 hours most times. Traffic is continuous, a line of mostly semis, work trucks, and a few brave little cars mixed in.
I meant , usually=pre-boom. Sounds pretty bad, and are the roads holding up?? How about 2, the stretch after Stanley turn off?, all the way to Williston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 07:20 AM

174 posts, read 377,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I meant , usually=pre-boom. Sounds pretty bad, and are the roads holding up?? How about 2, the stretch after Stanley turn off?, all the way to Williston?
More traffic than there used to be but it flows pretty well. The highway is holding up pretty well for the most part one you get outside of the towns. Apparently the trucks don't beat the road up as much at higher speeds.

Old 11-24-2011, 10:19 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,148,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelbis View Post
More traffic than there used to be but it flows pretty well. The highway is holding up pretty well for the most part one you get outside of the towns. Apparently the trucks don't beat the road up as much at higher speeds.
That definitely seems to be true. It's usually at stop lights where you will see depressed tracks in the asphalt. 2 intersections on Route 2 on the west side of Williston were recently resurfaced because it got so bad.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:08 PM

25,248 posts, read 18,397,166 times
If you think traffic is bad in ND, try going to Utah (SLC area) sometime!

How is the traffic in the northeastern part of North Dakota? One of the reasons I'm moving from where I'm at is insane traffic. People drive like they are nuts here. And they endanger everyone on the road to do it. If traffic is getting bad in the area I've been planning to move (Park River/Grafton area), I'll sell the lot I've purchased and find a new destination.

Old 11-24-2011, 03:18 PM

13,824 posts, read 29,776,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If you think traffic is bad in ND, try going to Utah (SLC area) sometime!
Utah, the land where, when you try and pass somebody in the left lane, there is already somebody trying to ram you from behind.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:28 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,075,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Utah, the land where, when you try and pass somebody in the left lane, there is already somebody trying to ram you from behind.
Had to drive thru SL once, it is busiest Hwy I have been on, including L.A. On way back we drove in middle of the night to avoid traffic.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
That definitely seems to be true. It's usually at stop lights where you will see depressed tracks in the asphalt. 2 intersections on Route 2 on the west side of Williston were recently resurfaced because it got so bad.
Yeah and the ruts are already coming back. They are getting really bad at the 2nd St and Hwy 2 junction.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah and the ruts are already coming back. They are getting really bad at the 2nd St and Hwy 2 junction.
Yep, I noticed that just the other day. The weight in those trucks must be incredible to cause these depressions so quickly. Normally those kind of things take years to build up. Here it's a matter of months. If we have a wet winter, spring will be a disaster for some of these roads.

The real solution to this problem would be to have concrete at some of these intersections, but that's bigger money.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
Yep, I noticed that just the other day. The weight in those trucks must be incredible to cause these depressions so quickly. Normally those kind of things take years to build up. Here it's a matter of months. If we have a wet winter, spring will be a disaster for some of these roads.

The real solution to this problem would be to have concrete at some of these intersections, but that's bigger money.
According to my buddies at the Highway patrol, every truck they decide to wiegh is coming in massively overwieght. To the tune of 150-200k in fines collected every week by their compliance guy.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
According to my buddies at the Highway patrol, every truck they decide to wiegh is coming in massively overwieght. To the tune of 150-200k in fines collected every week by their compliance guy.
I'll bet most of the oil service companies just pay the fine and keep on doing what they're doing. It's just a cost of doing business to them. I sure hope the driver doesn't get stuck with the fine, but I heard they just pass it on to their employer who pays it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota