Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickydink63 View Post
This is the position I accepted back on 18 November after a short interview. I drove from western NC to Minot looking for work and spent 4 days there. I was looking specifically for this type of work as it fits my background. Like seawolfms I am a USN retiree and have access to Minot AFB for lodging although short term.

My report back date is 19 December for a drug test and physical agility test. The HR person said it would take a few days for the results and I should start that Thursday 22 December. 2 weeks in house training, 2 weeks with another e-tech then the last 2 weeks on my own with back up from another e-tech. 21 days on, 7 days off but on call. 15 hour shift on frac site. Company vehicle. I will not list my pay as it less than ideal but better than local rates. A pay raise after 90 days depending on performance.

I did not discuss housing but I know they have people in hotels there in Minot. I am currently preparing my vehicle for cold temps by installing a block heater, synthetic 0w30 oil, Firestone stud-able snow tires and 60%/40% coolant.

Leaving on the 15th for my return trip. 1700+ miles and 28 hours.

welcome to fractech, Im an e-tech from texas down in plesanton district.
are frac sites are alot different then sites up north. if you ever need help with anything you have resources every where. are hours are insane here we do from 80 to 120 hours over here its crazy. [Mod cut] Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 12-19-2011 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: New users cannot post links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 07:28 PM

60 posts, read 156,827 times
My drug test and physical agility test are scheduled for the 28th so I will be leaving here on Christmas day. I had to postpone my report date to take care of some routine medical testing and procedures last week.

I am eager to return and start work. My local interview for a job here in NC was last week and I have not heard anything. Off to North Dakota!!!

Old 12-19-2011, 09:11 PM

249 posts, read 645,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickydink63 View Post
My drug test and physical agility test are scheduled for the 28th so I will be leaving here on Christmas day. I had to postpone my report date to take care of some routine medical testing and procedures last week.

I am eager to return and start work. My local interview for a job here in NC was last week and I have not heard anything. Off to North Dakota!!!
rickydink - When you go let us know what your physical agility test consists of....

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota