Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2011, 11:54 AM

4,818 posts, read 10,997,606 times

Advertisements

Hi

I have read though this forum about folks moving to Williston and having to live in less desirable conditions.

I did want to alert those that there is a change in the weather pattern coming up this next week which will mean colder air for the northern Plains...not extreme cold....but more seasonably cold temperatures one would expect this time of year. We have had a quite mild November....with average temperature about 2 degrees above normal.

A weak clipper type system will drop down Sunday give some fresh snow...maybe 1-2 inches max.... the high pressure will drop down over the area by Monday morning. If skies clear subzero temperatures (zero to -5F) are possible for the first time this year. Another cold shot will occur Wed-Thu period with a couple of subzero nights in that period as well.

Dan Grand Forks weatherman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 12:11 PM

101 posts, read 219,050 times
Guide Gear U.S. Military Style Ecws 3 In 1 Mummy Sleeping System at Sportsman's Guide

sleeping bag good down to -10 degrees...

last night in Belfield it was too hot to use both bags. My feet were inside the thinner bag ( which is upside down on top of me ) AND my feet and thin bag were inside the thicker bag ( which is open under me )

I was warm. slept from 11 pm to 7:30 am and wearing a wool cap I was warm all night.

It would have been TOO HOT to sleep inside the thick bag.

OH, warm socks also

Old 12-02-2011, 09:27 PM

2,032 posts, read 1,600,103 times
There have already been subzero temperatures in western ND. Williston, ND. - (November 21, 2011) High 38, Low -3. This upcoming colder weather should be the first time this season that temperatures won't reach above 32 for several successive days in some locations during the period.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:28 PM

254 posts, read 513,090 times
Dan, you always post such helpful information--thank you for sharing your expertise.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:10 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,075 times
It's been so warm it's been strange. I know that we'll probably pay for the decent weather we've had so far next month, but I remember that last year this time we had a lot more snow and it was FREEZING. I can go outside without gloves and be fine, whereas last year this time I would step outside and struggle to even breathe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota