Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 02:45 PM

443 posts, read 806,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka03 View Post
I have a felony and they didn't care as long as i had 5 years work experience. you gotta understand that almost everyone in the oilfield like roughnecks and etc have bad records.
A social scientist should gather some data on prior convictions among individuals working in the oil patch. I've met very few who claim to be choir boys.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 01-19-2012 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 03:17 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,230,775 times
That's because my choir boy hasn't gotten a job, yet.

However, it does kind of bug us. He has 15 yrs on his CDL, everything from water tankers and belly dump gravel trucks to cattle and buffalo in pots. On all types of roads (and trails) including 3 yrs in ND.

No record, no drugs/alcohol, pristine MVR... and used to sing in the choir ('course he smokes and cusses like a sailor, so he's not quite angelic...lol)

But I really wish one of these outfits who's said they're interested would pony up and say, "You're hired!" :P

Old 01-19-2012, 03:56 PM

443 posts, read 806,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
That's because my choir boy hasn't gotten a job, yet.

However, it does kind of bug us. He has 15 yrs on his CDL, everything from water tankers and belly dump gravel trucks to cattle and buffalo in pots. On all types of roads (and trails) including 3 yrs in ND.

No record, no drugs/alcohol, pristine MVR... and used to sing in the choir ('course he smokes and cusses like a sailor, so he's not quite angelic...lol)

But I really wish one of these outfits who's said they're interested would pony up and say, "You're hired!" :P
He'll get a job offer. There are plenty of decent folks driving/working in the area.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:34 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Dave12341234 Did you ever get a call back??? Looking at the things on here related to criminal charges of folks working in the oil field, I personally woudn't think your misd., unless it is a dui, would be such a big deal. Try a smaller company, one that contracts to the bigger companies. Let us know if you get your job.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:02 AM

175 posts, read 459,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
Do you realize most employers supply this training? I don't think having this on your resume will help you land a job. Take a job, any job in the oilfield....that looks good on a resume...

Thanks kychlo. I think I must have changed my email settings when I first joined because I haven't been getting any updates except for an occasional, "someone responded to thread 'x'." So I check this thread on my own today, LOL, as I'm on my last module for HAZWOPER.

To respond to your 3 sentences above:
  1. No, I didn't
  2. This could be true. I feel though having completed the training on my own shows initiative and potentially lowers a company's expenses (if they don't send me through again). North Slope companies like to see people take the training beforehand... even though they will pay for it. There is a lot of competition to get a job up there. It is hard to set yourself apart from the crowd (aside from knowing someone).
  3. I can't argue with that.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 563 times
Just a quick question, I am also going into the MWD field soon and I recently got a misdemeanour class B ticket and sat in jail for one day. Was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people basically. How tough will the oil rig be on me with that on my record, but it is getting dismissed and says that on my record. Drug test or physical test won't be an issue after the interview.
Thanks

Old 04-25-2016, 02:26 PM

62 posts, read 83,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff69 View Post
Just a quick question, I am also going into the MWD field soon and I recently got a misdemeanour class B ticket and sat in jail for one day. Was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people basically. How tough will the oil rig be on me with that on my record, but it is getting dismissed and says that on my record. Drug test or physical test won't be an issue after the interview.
Thanks
There are no MWD jobs right now even with a clean record.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:15 PM

175 posts, read 459,767 times
If the ticket is dismissed, then it won't appear on your record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota