Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 12:46 PM

9 posts, read 11,241 times

Advertisements

JanND: Thanks for the info. I will look up those threads. I think he applied, online, for a job at Halliburton. I will have to check...

We won't be leaving until I have my hotel reservations. If I can't find any for about a week or so, I will check another city or town.

Cold weather doesn't scare us and I've been in Canada during the winter before. I love cold weather and sick and tired of the heat here!! Mainly the humidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 01:06 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Swiped this list from another thread, I believe boinksters was nice enough to post it. You may have to do the website research, or call info to get numbers. I believe these were companies in williston area.
Halliburton
Calfrac
Nabors Drilling
Precision Drilling (Who I work for)
Pioneer Drilling
Continental Resources
Weatherford
American Casing
Baker Hughes
Ensign
I would also add Key Energy,
Pitman Drilling
Stallion Oilfield (Roustabouts, ect)
Cudd
Frac Tech

Old 11-30-2011, 01:31 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
dakotaoiljobs.com

Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 PM

101 posts, read 219,082 times
Get on line and sign up with the Job Service office in North Dakota and Monana. Great place to check in with when you get to town. If you are signbed up, you can use the computers to check email, print exra resumes, and get the current job postings.

The folks at Glendive and Sidney, MT office have been great and very helpful.

Both places I have interviewed with this morning have said....internet emails and such...get lost in never never land. Being at the office in person is the way to do it. Both places sat me down and did interviews. One place said they would be interested in me for not just working on the rig but also for several jobs they haven't even advertisted for.

It is snowing right now, 34 degrees, .

I slep in back of the Suburban the last two night. Not bad...artic military three part bag, wore a balaclave to keep the face warm. other than that...not bad.

If you are thinking of coming here and sleeping in your car...you should practice before you leave for here...arranging things in big plastic bins really does help keep things organized. forget suit cases. 18 gallon bins from WalMart works great!

Old 11-30-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talldarkone View Post
Get on line and sign up with the Job Service office in North Dakota and Monana. Great place to check in with when you get to town. If you are signbed up, you can use the computers to check email, print exra resumes, and get the current job postings.

The folks at Glendive and Sidney, MT office have been great and very helpful.

Both places I have interviewed with this morning have said....internet emails and such...get lost in never never land. Being at the office in person is the way to do it. Both places sat me down and did interviews. One place said they would be interested in me for not just working on the rig but also for several jobs they haven't even advertisted for.

It is snowing right now, 34 degrees, .

I slep in back of the Suburban the last two night. Not bad...artic military three part bag, wore a balaclave to keep the face warm. other than that...not bad.

If you are thinking of coming here and sleeping in your car...you should practice before you leave for here...arranging things in big plastic bins really does help keep things organized. forget suit cases. 18 gallon bins from WalMart works great!
Oh, to see snow again...it has been so long. It was 56 here today and sunny. We are getting a cold front tomorrow and will put it in the 40's for a high.

Anyways, we have 3 kids so sleeping in our vehicles is not an option. I will find a hotel somewhere, even if it is in another state!! LOL!!

We are getting a Uhaul trailer to bring our small things and clothes. We are selling all of our appliances and furniture this weekend. It costs too much for a rental truck.

I'm looking forward to the trip and I have faith that everything will work out.

Thanks for the advice and I am getting me some more Walmart tubs.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:48 PM

UPDATE: My husband just called and said he just resigned from his job. It's a little earlier than I was expecting so we may heading that way before the 10th.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:47 PM

My husband got 2 employers call him from placing an ad on ND Craigslist. One was Weatherford and a rental company. He would be a mechanic. He actually spoke to a lady from Weatherford that called him and said once we got to ND to call her. She had 5-6 different positions he could work in. Does anyone know much about Weatherford and do they pay good? Salary was not discussed.

Thanks!!

Old 12-01-2011, 06:13 PM

746 posts, read 1,728,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKatTigs3 View Post
My husband got 2 employers call him from placing an ad on ND Craigslist. One was Weatherford and a rental company. He would be a mechanic. He actually spoke to a lady from Weatherford that called him and said once we got to ND to call her. She had 5-6 different positions he could work in. Does anyone know much about Weatherford and do they pay good? Salary was not discussed.

Thanks!!
Weatherford is a very reputable company (listed on NYSE). Expect oil field wages.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:30 PM

91 posts, read 294,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwinds View Post
Weatherford is a very reputable company (listed on NYSE). Expect oil field wages.
I'm hoping to get on with Weatherford hopefully in the near future. I can't believe how many druggies work for Precision...

Old 12-01-2011, 07:51 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,095 times
Weatherford is a good company with good pay. A few guys that worked w/my husband at schlumberger left for them and they all said good things about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota