Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 10:44 AM

265 posts, read 686,719 times

Advertisements

Merry Christmas North Dakota!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 11:14 AM

477 posts, read 1,506,477 times
Merry Christmas Hatehumidity and to all fellow ND'ers new and old alike along with everyone from other states and around the world. Hope everyone has a blessed weekend, stay safe, and eat good food

Old 12-24-2011, 11:26 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you get what you asked for from Santa and may next year be better then the last.

Here's a Fudge Recipe that I make every year. I make two batches. One to cut up and take to neighbors and the other one I take to the Nurses station at the VA Hospital.

It's really good and it's easy to make. I've been making it for 30 years. I heard about this recipe and thought it was a joke. I can assure you, it is no joke. It's the best, most creamy fudge you'll ever have.

4 LBs of powdered sugar
1 lb of velveeta cheese (sometimes I use the mexican type)
1 lb of butter
1 cup of cocoa (Hershey's Choc powder for baking)
3 tbls of vanilla

In large bowl, mix cocoa and powdered sugar, set aside.

Either in microwave or on stovetop, melt together velveeta cheese and butter. In Microwave, heat 1 minute at a time and stir. Repeat until well mixed and melted. On stovetop, heat slowly, stirring constantly until melted and well mixed.

Pour cheese and butter into powered mix. Stir until you think your arm is going to fall off. Use BIG wooden spoon as you'll snap little ones. hahaha Keep stiring until well mixed, you'll have a big lump in the middle of the bowl. Add vanilla and it will stir a lot easier. Pour into 9x13 cake pan and smooth out. Leave it set over night on the counter. It's ready to eat. (Actually only need to leave it set for about 4 hours). That's it.

You can add a cup of chopped nuts if you want. You can also change the flavor by using 2 table spoons of vanilla and one of maple flavoring, or one of mint flavoring, etc... You get the idea. I would recommend making it as the recipe calls for to begin with just to see what you have. It makes about 7 pounds of fudge. The 9x13 will be more than an inch thick.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:43 AM

477 posts, read 1,506,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you get what you asked for from Santa and may next year be better then the last.

Here's a Fudge Recipe that I make every year. I make two batches. One to cut up and take to neighbors and the other one I take to the Nurses station at the VA Hospital.

It's really good and it's easy to make. I've been making it for 30 years. I heard about this recipe and thought it was a joke. I can assure you, it is no joke. It's the best, most creamy fudge you'll ever have.

4 LBs of powdered sugar
1 lb of velveeta cheese (sometimes I use the mexican type)
1 lb of butter
1 cup of cocoa (Hershey's Choc powder for baking)
3 tbls of vanilla

In large bowl, mix cocoa and powdered sugar, set aside.

Either in microwave or on stovetop, melt together velveeta cheese and butter. In Microwave, heat 1 minute at a time and stir. Repeat until well mixed and melted. On stovetop, heat slowly, stirring constantly until melted and well mixed.

Pour cheese and butter into powered mix. Stir until you think your arm is going to fall off. Use BIG wooden spoon as you'll snap little ones. hahaha Keep stiring until well mixed, you'll have a big lump in the middle of the bowl. Add vanilla and it will stir a lot easier. Pour into 9x13 cake pan and smooth out. Leave it set over night on the counter. It's ready to eat. (Actually only need to leave it set for about 4 hours). That's it.

You can add a cup of chopped nuts if you want. You can also change the flavor by using 2 table spoons of vanilla and one of maple flavoring, or one of mint flavoring, etc... You get the idea. I would recommend making it as the recipe calls for to begin with just to see what you have. It makes about 7 pounds of fudge. The 9x13 will be more than an inch thick.
OMG!!! I just made this last night and have been for the past years for Christmas. It's soooo good!!! Most people look at me like I am nutz when I tell them it has cheese in it, but they taste it and say they have never tasted fudge so good. I usually just make half a batch, but might try to make it like your recipe. This year I just used my electric mixer too as my wrists have been killing me from work this work, it worked out okay.

I never thought of adding different flavors either, can't wait to try mint. Thanks for the ideas.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:05 PM

443 posts, read 806,271 times
Merry Christmas to all.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:12 PM

101 posts, read 219,082 times
Merry Christmas everyone, stay warm...I am, Home for the holidays!

Nice comfortable bed...wife is making my favorite food! Kids are all loving and happy to see me...

Old 12-24-2011, 02:24 PM

58 posts, read 139,216 times
ElkHunter,
I wanted to thank you for that recipe. I thought the cheese sounded strange but I am willing to try it. I think that it is great you reach out to the VA hospital. It feels good to reach out to others as we helped a family in need this year with 6 children. It made me feel at peace knowing this family would have a meal to eat and the children would have gifts. I think all children should be able to have a toy from Santa at Christmas. Happy holidays to you and yours and to everyone else out there. Many blessings to all in the New Year!

Old 12-24-2011, 02:59 PM

4 posts, read 5,947 times
Merry Christmas !!

Old 12-24-2011, 04:30 PM

79 posts, read 194,012 times
Merry Christmas to all may it be a wonderful day filled with family and those other people we enjoy being with!

Old 12-24-2011, 10:04 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,165,679 times
Merry Christmas to all and best of luck to all looking for their dream job in North Dakota now and in the coming year...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota