Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2011, 03:13 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,058,434 times

Advertisements

I’ve been scoping out what the dating pool looks like in these areas and it looks troubling for the over 30 crowd.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 01:11 AM

611 posts, read 1,448,109 times
They get married real young around here. Its a simple kind of town. High School.College. Married. Kids.....and I would venture to say that the divorce rate is probably alot lower in Fargo than anywhere else in America, NONE of my co-workers are divorced.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:24 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,058,434 times
I sure hope Fargo looks better in person than it does on POF. The over 30 crowd seems non-existent when looking for matches.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:36 AM

3,119 posts, read 8,022,683 times
I wonder if there's an Internet dating scene. Once you figure out how to meet other singles in your age bracket the real issue will be the male-to-female ratio and whether or not that's favorable or unfavorable.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:43 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,196,915 times
If Fargo/GF is like the rest of ND, it will be very slim pickings. Pre-oil boom, many small towns were dying off because the girls would go off to college and get a job while the boys stayed behind and ran the farm or ranch. There were stories several years ago about importing farm girls from Saskatchewan and Manitoba to try and keep the population numbers up. Now they import girls to Williston from Las Vegas but I doubt you want that hassle. There's always another rig rat that got paid that week and the only man who can keep their attention is Ben Franklin (that sly dog).

If you are single when you move to MT, ND, or SD and are over college age, expect to stay that way.

Last edited by flyingcat2k; 12-31-2011 at 01:54 PM..

Old 12-31-2011, 02:26 PM

4,127 posts, read 3,846,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
If Fargo/GF is like the rest of ND, it will be very slim pickings. Pre-oil boom, many small towns were dying off because the girls would go off to college and get a job while the boys stayed behind and ran the farm or ranch. There were stories several years ago about importing farm girls from Saskatchewan and Manitoba to try and keep the population numbers up. Now they import girls to Williston from Las Vegas but I doubt you want that hassle. There's always another rig rat that got paid that week and the only man who can keep their attention is Ben Franklin (that sly dog).

If you are single when you move to MT, ND, or SD and are over college age, expect to stay that way.
I would certainly think there are more men than women in Bakken area but I think it is a bit pessimistic to say people over college age in ND, SD and MT will be relegated to being single their entire stay in the states mentioned.

Just in case though, I better take my inflatable woman if I move there. I wonder about air loss though with extremely cold winters. I'll bet this issue has not been discussed.

Jasper Hobbs

Old 12-31-2011, 10:26 PM

611 posts, read 1,448,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I sure hope Fargo looks better in person than it does on POF. The over 30 crowd seems non-existent when looking for matches.
You might want to try match.com POF is pretty hit or miss. There are women moving here too. It may be just a matter of putting yourself out there. At least your coming to Fargo and not williston. A girl i know waa JUST telling me about how desperate thw men out there are for female attention. Apparently some guys were following her around walmart in williston trying to proposition her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota